Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Gaffney High School is a public school located in Gaffney, SC. It has 1,883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Gaffney High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A369 Students
- B262 Students
- B+257 Students
- A255 Students
- B225 Students
- C+191 Students
- B181 Students
- C+163 Students
- A-163 Students
- B141 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Gaffney High School
- B-Blacksburg High School
- Cherokee County School District, SC
- 74 reviews
- BCrest High School
- Cleveland County Schools, NC
- 176 reviews
- BBoiling Springs High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 2, SC
- 418 reviews
- BShelby High School
- Cleveland County Schools, NC
- 104 reviews
Gaffney High School Reviews
Gaffney High school is no ordinary school. The teachers care about grades but most importantly they care about their students. Unlike most schools Gaffney High has a variety of classes to take, one for every interest. Gaffney High offers AP classes and they also partner with SCC to help all students prepare for college life and possible careers. They provide a way for students to get experience in all fields whether the students take classes at the Institute of Innovation or SCC. Not only are their academics up to par, but the athletics teams and clubs are also something to look into. With open tryouts for football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, Chess club, French club, Book club and more there's a place for everyone to fit in. I would rate my overall experience with this School a 10/10 because it has been nothing but phenomenal. The four years that I have spent at this school with the staff and my amazing teachers have prepared me for the real world and all of its advantages.
Gaffney High School is an excellent school and provides an extremely positive environment for academics. Gaffney High allows all students to gain equal opportunities to be involved in various clubs, groups, and organizations. The school strives to influence students to become the best versions of themselves before their time there ends. Students at Gaffney High are pushed to do their best and pursue a successful life for themselves. Gaffney High School could improve in certain areas. They should look into more curriculum to give students more advanced opportunities. They have recently started offering more college courses at local colleges and I believe that is something that should have happened long ago.
Gaffney high school is a school of traditions, family, academics and championships! Gaffney High school finds a way to exercise old traditions into heart warming and activities for the upcoming and soon to be alum students. Everyone involved with the school of champions have a great bond as a family forever. This great school provides many resources for every student to succeed in the classroom as well as gettin them prepared fr college. We are known as the school of champions with the most state championships in the state of South Carolina!