Gadsden City High School is an above average, public school located in Gadsden, AL. It has 1,518 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Gadsden City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B167 Students
- A143 Students
- A137 Students
- C+122 Students
- A101 Students
- B94 Students
- B71 Students
- A-65 Students
- C-61 Students
- A-59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Gadsden City High School Reviews
So many oppurtunities to take AP and advanced classes which is great. Some AP classes you can even duel enroll in and take college classes at your high school which makes it so easy. There is also many other programs to help those who may not want to go to college and it is good the school does not just focus on college bound students but those who are going straight into careers. They offer classes like HVAC, Cosmetology, and Machanics. The only problem I have ever had while attending here was after I switched schools one of the guidence councilors would not give me credit for some classes and never contacted the people she said she would to get it fixed, but the next year omce I had a new guidence counselor he seemed more than happy to help and got it fixed for me.
Gadsden City High School has so much to offer. We offer one of the strongest fine arts programs. I am apart of the Gadsden City High School band and dance-line. We participated in a band competition and we brought back all 1's and our dance-line received the best dance-line award in class 4a. Opportunities are offered in academics, sports, and also fine arts. It's something for everyone at Gadsden City High School. Gadsden City provide learning opportunities to advance and prepare students to be college and career ready.
I am new to Gadsden and Gadsden City High School. It was my first and last year at the school as a senior and I have enjoyed my time at the school. The environment is enthusiastic and welcoming. The people are nice and all, but when it comes t being prepared for college their isn't much of a push towards helping students with their admissions process. They stress the ACT, but do not do much of helping students put in applications and ect. Counselors don't have much time to have one on ones with scholars because there are so many students.