Gadsden City High School is a public school located in Gadsden, AL. It has 1,535 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Gadsden City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B149 Students
- A135 Students
- A123 Students
- C+111 Students
- A92 Students
- B87 Students
- A-64 Students
- B60 Students
- C54 Students
- A-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Gadsden City High School Reviews
Gadsden City High School has so much to offer. We offer one of the strongest fine arts programs. I am apart of the Gadsden City High School band and dance-line. We participated in a band competition and we brought back all 1's and our dance-line received the best dance-line award in class 4a. Opportunities are offered in academics, sports, and also fine arts. It's something for everyone at Gadsden City High School. Gadsden City provide learning opportunities to advance and prepare students to be college and career ready.
I am new to Gadsden and Gadsden City High School. It was my first and last year at the school as a senior and I have enjoyed my time at the school. The environment is enthusiastic and welcoming. The people are nice and all, but when it comes t being prepared for college their isn't much of a push towards helping students with their admissions process. They stress the ACT, but do not do much of helping students put in applications and ect. Counselors don't have much time to have one on ones with scholars because there are so many students.
Gadsden City High School is a great public school to get an education. The staff is great and very stick with rules. It's a big school, two floors and there is a freshman hallway that way there classes are close. My experience from freshman till now, I only got lost once and that was the first day of school. Ever since I memorized how to get from one to another class. This school has different talent and electives with extra curricular activities. The only electives I've taken are career prep, Spanish 1, Jrotc, family and consumer science, drivers education, health, clinical, clinic internship, ACT prep, band, and concert band. There are many more classes that I haven't taken but are very interesting.