Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Fyffe High School is an above average, public school located in Fyffe, AL. It has 936 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Fyffe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- B57 Students
- A47 Students
- A36 Students
- B-34 Students
- A-33 Students
- A-29 Students
- B21 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Fyffe High School Reviews
Fyffe High School is a small 3A school in Dekalb County, Alabama. If you enjoy having small classes and a one-on-one help with your teachers then Fyffe is the place to go. However, this school does come with it’s own set of pros and cons. For example, Fyffe is a state championship winning football and cheerleading school. Due to these victories, Fyffe has a strong mentality that athletics are more important than academics. Fyffe lacks AP classes and only has few DE courses. This could be a game changer for overachieving students. As a hard working and ambitious student myself, I found that that are many limitations to going to such a small school in a rural area. There are less opportunities to pursue professions such as medicine or engineering and more opportunities to pursue career tech professions such as welding, auto mechanics, and cosmetology. While these are great paths for certain individuals, those who strive to attend college should consider these limitations.
Fyffe High School has some amazing teachers. My experience at Fyffe has been a rollercoaster; however, all schools have their ups and downs. Everyone has bad experiences with people; they can either learn from it or run from it. With this in mind, learning and growing from an experience help someone grow as a person. Fyffe High School is a great school to attend and the best part is the football team. The Friday night lights shine brighter than any other. Go Big Red!
Fyffe is a more laid-back school. The rules are not strict and not always regulated. The High School building could be improved greatly. The heat and air in the hallways does not work. In the main building, there is only one set of bathrooms with only a few stalls. There is only two sinks to use. The bathrooms are way too small. The snack store is exceptional compared to other schools. There is a wide variety of snacks for a low price. I feel like this school could be more serious about college and grades. Considering I have only been at this school for a year, I cannot review the majority of the teachers and staff. There is a lack of clubs and activities. Students are not encouraged to engage. The only "main" activity is football. Football is Fyffe's only culture. Overall, Fyffe High School is an average school. There is not any big issues that involve violence or rule-breaking. I just feel that there could be improvement in the academic and college preparedness area.