F.W. Buchholz High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+217 Students
- A-128 Students
- A119 Students
- B-115 Students
- A-85 Students
- B+56 Students
- B40 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-31 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
F.W. Buchholz High School Reviews
Review F.W. Buchholz High School
The school was great! They have a lot of activities, clubs, and extra-curricular activities at the school that you could join;plus, they make sure no one is left behind in grades, making sure kids are fed and much more! At Buchholz the teachers and staff are like parents to the kids like myself and others that have made bonds with them and it is nice to know that teachers here really care for our well-beings and make sure we can do the best to our abilities.
Buchholz has some great teachers, but it is an okay school in my opinion. Outside of the few great teachers, there are teachers who just hate their students. The security is very lax, as anyone can walk on and off campus at any point without question from administrators. In one year, there were three bomb threats, a shooting threat, and 2 suicides. The year before had two bomb threats and two more suicides. BHS’s responses to the bomb threats and suicides were horrible. The guidance counselors are horrible and literally google anything you ask them so it's a waste of time to see them. The advanced and honors classes were good. And the good teachers not only looked to teach the curriculum but also looked to teach life skills and other things like how to take out a loan and things like that.
Buchholz gave me knowledge and opportunity. Though the school itself is falling apart, the teachers are top notch (well, most of them) and the top students are genius. Easily the most social school in town, it gave me a perfect balance of fun and work to give me a fulfilling high school experience. Our school's math team is national-championship-caliber, and was the backbone of my extracurricular involvement at the school. The team attracts brilliant students with a work ethic for success, and molded my aspirations for after high school.