Fryeburg Academy is a highly rated, private, boarding school located in Fryeburg, ME. It has 570 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. Tuition is $49,500 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 88% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+54 Students
- B29 Students
- A+26 Students
- C+25 Students
- B-24 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-20 Students
- C+18 Students
- A-18 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Fryeburg Academy Reviews
Fryeburg Academy is a great school with a close-knit community, excellent academics and various opportunities in clubs and sports. Teachers are very passionate and dedicated, they always make classes interesting and engaging. Both in and out of the schoolroom, my personal voice is heard and valued. FA offers many advanced placement, college level, and honors courses, and I greatly enjoy the academic challenge. Clubs vary from jazz and vocal ensembles to cultural and international activities to competitive Math Team and Robotics Club. People here are very supportive, and school spirit is strong. I came to FA as an international student, and absolutely love my time here!
Fryeburg Academy is a wonderful school with many opportunities for its students. The academics challenging and thought-provoking, and there is a huge selection of sports, clubs, and other extracurricular activities for students to participate in. Being a semi-private school allows for a substantial dorm population, which provides increased diversity and exposure for the local students from the Fryeburg area. Additionally, Fryeburg Academy works hard to prepare its students for competitive colleges with a supportive staff. As a top student at this school, I found myself challenged every day from my favorite teachers, and still managed to find time to participate in sports and be a leading member of the music program. I would recommend Fryeburg Academy for any student who is determined to succeed and willing to work hard for it--a lot of the success is self-driven, but the institution supports each and every endeavor of its students.
My experience at Fryeburg Academy has been great, they offer a lot of opportunities for everyone to be involved and find career interests and hobbies. The school isn't large but not very small, which allows you to know about everyone in your class, and mostly everyone in your school. The school is very diverse as we get dorm students from throughout the world, which can expose you to multiple cultures in one area. One thing I would wish Fryeburg Academy could improve on is introducing and exposing everyone to the different cultures in our school because although there are people from around the world the world you can meet they only do an okay job exposing day students to that culture.