Fruita Monument High School Reviews

The teachers that I've had at Fruita Monument High School are not only interested in helping us learn academically, but also interested in helping us grow as a person. They truly care about their students and make an effort to show that. The students are fairly traditional high school students, however, I think that we have a little more maturity than other high schools in the area. One thing I really enjoyed about Fruita was the fact that we were allowed to go off campus during lunch, allowing us to have free periods in our schedule if we need to work during school, and that we are still expected to go to classes on time. My school really focused on inclusiveness as well, seeing as it is a very big school population-wise. I definitely think that it is one of the better high schools in Colorado, and the sports/band programs are very good.
The teachers are all really nice and there was just construction done. The construction made a large commons area which is nice to do homework and eat in. I wish that Freshmen were in the same building and not at the 8/9.
Fruita was an okay school, but the teachers were hit or miss and the building needs to be renovated.
Start Your Review of Fruita Monument High School
The teachers that I've had at Fruita Monument High School are not only interested in helping us learn academically, but also interested in helping us grow as a person. They truly care about their students and make an effort to show that. The students are fairly traditional high school students, however I think that we have a little more maturity than other high schools in the area.
I liked that my teachers and administration trusted their students, for example, allowing us to go off campus during lunch, allowing us to have free periods in our schedule if we need to work during school, and that we are still expected to go to classes on time. My school really focused on inclusiveness as well, seeing as it is a very big school population wise. I definitely think that it is one of the better high schools in Colorado, and the sports/band programs are very good.
I think that Fruita is a great place to send your kid! There are many teachers wthat truest care about the kids and that want the best for them. It may not be the nicest school in the world not in Colorado, but it is the best school in the western slope!
good looking school with plenty of option towards classes. wonderful teachers and people, sports are the best in the valley
Fruita is a place of comfort of being yourself and supported in anything you want your future to go to. The teachers there try their hardest to put you on the right track and open doors to opportunities that are best for you. One thing I would like to see change is to put their love for our sports department to other parts of the school. Like art and music or academics.
I spent my entire High school life at FMHS as such I was able to get a very good experience at the school. The school is on the smaller side as such the students and teachers are very close. The staff are amazing people who are dedicated to improving the lives of students and preparing them for college.
Fruita Monument High School is a place full of opportunities and growth. There are clubs offered for just about anything which encourages students to get involved. The one thing I would change is the layout, many of the classes are scattered and difficult to find and the open concept makes part of the school feel unsafe. With the many entry points, I often fear the worst.
The people are amazing, students and staff included. And the new addition to the school adds a more modern feel along with increased safety measures.
I loved Fruita because each teacher that I had genuinely cared about their students and not just about grades. I also think that every assignment I was given was never busy work, but work that really helped me learn.
Fruita Monument High School is very similar to your run of the mill high school. It's not overly nice, however they did just spend 18 million dollars to add on a new part to the school which makes it a bit nicer. The school was built in the '70s and could definitely use more upgrades. The administration is very organized and efficient. However, some of the teachers seem like they would rather be doing anything else besides teaching.
I had a great experience at Fruita Monument High School. My involvement in extracurricular activities ruled my life, but I was able to maintain a great GPA and relationship with my teachers. I'd say one of the biggest changes I'd like to see is more diversity or teachings about diversity in school.
This school should include 9th graders, but due to overcrowding, it does not. It gave my children fairly good educations, but they are both very bright kids. I don't agree with being able to retake tests to improve your grades. The school seems safer now with the remodel to remove so many doors.
I'd say the school isn't the best, but it certainly isn't the worst. In mesa county the schools are really taken care of. I think that the remodel of the school was okay, but it makes things hard to get to. The hall ways are also unmarked so for students who have gone to school their before, it is harder to find the old hallways to get to their classes.
Very friendly place to experience high school. The teachers are kind and try to be involved in your own interests. The atmosphere is very accepting and it was very enjoyable to be there.
Start Your Review of Fruita Monument High School
Fruita Monument is a great high school that has a very supportive staff and student body. All of the teachers and staff members are there to help you with anything you need and we have the best counselors in the valley. We just got a new renovation to our school to make it safer for everyone. The only thing I would want to change about our school is to encourage our student body to have a little more school spirit.
They have recently renovated the gym but most of the classrooms are aged. The faculty is decent but the academics are poor and wish they would help students prepare for college.
Fruita Monument High School is a great school. It contains very great staff that care a lot about the students and there well being in general. The students are very dedicated themselves and care about school. One thing that could change if you ask me is the way people treat each other. I am not saying every one is a bad person, but some are.