- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Friends' Central School is a Quaker, independent, coeducational, college-preparatory day school for students in Nursery through grade 12. Located on 41 acres across two campuses in Wynnewood, PA, Friends' Central cultivates the intellectual, spiritual, and ethical promise of our students. Guided by our Quaker values, we have been educating for excellence since 1845, inspiring tomorrow's leaders, honoring each individual, and encouraging our students to peacefully transform the world.
Friends Central School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+105 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+53 Students
- A51 Students
- A+49 Students
- A43 Students
- A-41 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-41 Students
- A+36 Students
Learning Through Service
Community service at Friends’ Central School is part of the School’s identity, culture, and tradition. We believe that caring for our school, local, and global communities serves the guiding testimonies of stewardship, community, peace, and integrity. Service work creates strong individual and institutional relationships, which strengthen both our community and each student's sense of self-worth.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Friends Central School Reviews
Some teachers are truly exceptional: smart, engaging, imaginative, inspiring, high energy, approachable, and caring (mostly in Science, English, and History). The rest have been quite competent but somewhat less warm.
Principals Alexa Quinn & Beth Johnson are as good as it gets. They are dedicated, responsive and proactive in taking action.
Extracurricular activities are mixed: great for theater and sports, good for jazz band, and limited for classical orchestra). Clubs vary greatly in worth.