Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Friday Harbor High School is a highly rated, public school located in Friday Harbor, WA. It has 246 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Friday Harbor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+69 Students
- B+54 Students
- A38 Students
- A-27 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-17 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Friday Harbor High School Reviews
At Friday Harbor High School you're given a lot of resources for success, and most of the teachers are very available to put in extra time and make sure you're keeping up with the coursework. In my experience, the school could improve on engaging with the students about their plan for after high school. While they do a good job of this with 11th and 12th graders, the younger students would benefit from more help from the school in regards to this.
Small town atmosphere, so everyone will know who you are. Very engaging class sizes and decent school lunches. The administration and councilor will help you prepare for college if that is what you intend to pursue!
Friday Harbor is just an average high school. The diversity is pretty disappointing and the teachers leave much to be desired (although Ms. Busch is awesome). The food is okay but other than sports, the school really doesn't seem to care about clubs and other extracurriculars. It's fine.