Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Freeport Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Freeport, FL. It has 468 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Freeport Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A78 Students
- C-74 Students
- A+67 Students
- B+67 Students
- A57 Students
- B36 Students
- A36 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+22 Students
- C19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Freeport Senior High School
Freeport Senior High School Reviews
My senior year of high school, I was unexpectedly had to move to Freeport due to unfortunate circumstances. The teachers there were extremely welcoming when I started there. I was behind on the curriculum and they helped me catch up. The band teacher, Mr. Miller, encouraged me to join band despite not having been in band for a few years. The teachers were passionate about what they were teaching and their students. They wanted us to succeed and go far. The school had a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports, band, and drama. The one thing that I would change is to add a JROTC program. The school that I moved from had one and it was the only thing I looked forward to in my day.
Freeport High School is an excellent place to challenge your education and have a good time learning. Since such a small school every teacher has a personal connection with their students, making you feel like a family. I am currently a Junior here and apart of varsity softball team, golf team, and vice president of my class. At Freeport there are no limitations on what can be achieved.
The staff and teachers of this school are friendly and always out-going. These teachers find anyway to assist to see their students succeed throughout life. The coaches are always there to better their athletes and willing to take risks to see their athletes succeed. one thing i would like to see change is the parent involvement. While attending, I didn't see a lot of parent involvement except from the teachers that had kids that attended the school.