Freeport High School is an above average, public school located in Freeport, ME. It has 513 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Freeport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+84 Students
- B34 Students
- C+33 Students
- A-28 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- C+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Freeport High School
- ABrunswick High School
- Brunswick Public Schools, ME
- 129 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 143 reviews
- BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- 168 reviews
- BMorse High School
- Regional School Unit No. 01 (MSAD 01), ME
- 136 reviews
Freeport High School Reviews
I think Freeport High School has an amazing humanities department. The history, sociology, and political science classes here are consistently outstanding, and taught by intelligent and entertaining teachers. The English department is similarly outstanding, and the theatre, band, and arts departments are well-liked across the board. However, it should be noted that math and science are far more of a mixed bag in my experience. In those fields, it very much depends on which teacher you get, and some of the classes are quite underwhelming. There are sparks of greatness, and the engineering department is actually fine, but the stricter sciences and lower-level math classes are consistently weaker than others in the school.
I have found Freeport High School to be a very open and communicative environment. There is an incredible amount of school spirit and involvement by students, teachers, and parents!
As I wrap up the last segment of my four years at Freeport High School, I have found myself recollecting on what the "high school experience" taught me. Freeport has been an extremely supportive school system and has helped me every step of the way, whether it'd be helping with the college search, or even finding the right path. The staff, as well as the students, have never failed to lift each other up. I will miss the support and kindness of this small-town high school, but the lessons of thankfulness and hard work will always be prominent in my memory of my high school years.