Freeland Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Freeland, MI. It has 827 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Freeland Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B120 Students
- B-96 Students
- A87 Students
- B83 Students
- B+59 Students
- A+49 Students
- B43 Students
- B+42 Students
- A27 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Freeland Middle/High School
- B+Swan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 101 reviews
- BBay City Western High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 198 reviews
- B-John Glenn High School
- Bangor Township Schools, MI
- 130 reviews
- B-Bullock Creek High School
- Bullock Creek School District, MI
- 92 reviews
Freeland Middle/High School Reviews
The teachers are very hot or miss. They are either very inspiring or extremely in passionate and demotivating. There are a lot of resources available but not everyone is given similar opportunities. Overall if you want to succeeed in the long term you need to do more then the teachers are willing to teach/provide in regard to resources. But there is definitely a good core of teachers that serve as mentors and an inspiratonn These people will challenge you in ways you never new and will help you realize your true potential, and possibilities.
Freeland High School focuses on success. The teachers are dedicated to their students and work with them to help them succeed. Freeland offers a diverse amount of classes from shop classes, life skills, and core classes as well as fitness. Our school is very safe with teachers looking out for students and having an anti-bullying program. Clubs like Students leading students also help students become aware of the risks of drugs. alcohol, and other problems facing young adults today. The lunches are always fresh and served at a fair price. Everyone is very open at Freeland and most students get along really well, which creates a great environment to learn in. Before large tests like the SAT or ACT the teachers take multiple weeks ahead to give us practice to be ready for these tests. Freeland is a great stepping stone in life for students there. They offer an open minded and safe learning environment allowing students to evolve and move ahead in their academic life.
I really like that our community is small and everyone is so friendly. The Teachers are so willing to go the extra mile for all the students, we have a beautiful school and our community makes sure our education comes before anything else. We have a large choice of electives, and they are beneficial and fun at the same time, I also like that we have the opportunity to begin earning college credits our Junior Year. Grateful my parents moved somewhere that was in the best interest of our education.