Freedom High School is an above average, public school located in Bethlehem, PA. It has 1,913 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Freedom High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A206 Students
- A+154 Students
- B-140 Students
- A115 Students
- B98 Students
- A-88 Students
- A+84 Students
- B80 Students
- B-74 Students
- B67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Freedom High School
- B+Liberty High School
- Bethlehem Area School District, PA
- 409 reviews
- BPhillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 205 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- B+Whitehall High School
- Whitehall-Coplay School District, PA
- 156 reviews
Freedom High School Reviews
Freedom High School is a really great school in all ways! The teachers are are fantastic, with a few exceptions of course, and the staff in administration are very helpful too! Freedom has so much school spirit and we really are the “freedom family” that we call ourselves. From friday night football games to early morning student government meetings, there is something to get everyone involved and connected. I really love it here, and I know almos everyone else feels the same.
At Freedom High School, there is an immense amount of diversity. There are so many different ethnicities and religions and social groups. You have the opportunity to meet and get to know people you may have never talked to before. The teachers were very nice, yet there were few teachers that I thought were amazing at teaching. I loved that Freedom gave students the opportunity to take classes at Northampton Community College. It had prepared me for college more than high school ever could. The academics were good, but school spirit was something that emerged my senior year. There was always slight school spirit, but it was growing throughout my years there. The entire school was a Freedom family.
Overall, Freedom is a good place. The administrators are huge supporters of the students, in and out of the classroom. They are very willing to accommodate the students and work around the students' schedules to arrange times to help students understand material. In addition, one can often find teachers at football games on Friday nights, or musical performances on weekends. The students, generally, feel very tied to the school, and can be seen sporting t-shirts with the slogan "Freedom Family." Unfortunately, this enthusiasm for inclusivity is not always fostered. One terrible tradition at Freedom is the "freshmen suck" chant, a staple at every pep rally. Usually started by seniors or the school's "Riot Squad," the student spirit section, freshmen are “welcomed” by the words "freshmen suck." The teachers seem to think this is all in good fun, and that may be so, for the most secure students, but it seems likely that this tradition negatively impacts some students at Freedom.