Fredonia High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fredonia, NY. It has 501 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Fredonia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B63 Students
- A46 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+22 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A13 Students
- A-12 Students
- A-12 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Fredonia High School
- B-Silver Creek High School
- Silver Creek Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- BChautauqua Lake Secondary School
- Chautauqua Lake Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- CCassadaga Valley Middle/High School
- Cassadaga Valley Central School District, NY
- 79 reviews
- BWestfield High School
- Westfield Central School District, NY
- 14 reviews
Fredonia High School Reviews
Fredonia High School is a great school, and I have enjoyed all 3 and eventually 4 of my years here. The teachers are great and know their subjects, the environment is very welcoming, and there are a multitude of opportunities for extracurricular involvement. Overall, FHS is a great place to develop personally while also receiving a great education and being part of a lively student body.
Fredonia High School is a fairly small school, with only 115 students in my class alone. Many students are hardworking, yet there is a significant number who do not value their education and choose to waste their time on selfish whims. The teachers are very nice, but they do not update themselves with new knowledge. For example, much of our science department teaches students a curriculum that is over 10 years old. Overall I would say that we have a decent school, but there is room for improvement.
The majority of the teachers were very good, albeit underfunded. I enjoyed all of my classes and never felt unsafe at my school. Extracurricular activities were diverse and good quality.