Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B35 Students
- A-27 Students
- B20 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B8 Students
- B6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B6 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Fredonia High School Reviews
Review Fredonia High School
The administration is pretty tough in nature. While it's rules have kept the school safe and occurrences of fights and other physical disputes are down, there is a serious problem with favoritism of athletes. Athletes are not held to the same regard as the other students, as the school's sport record is important to the administration. Bullying is not a huge issue, and is not an extremely active occurrence in my experience in High School. The dress code is very strict, and is actively enforced. Attendance is also very rigorous with no room for excuse, so don't even try to skip class. Controversial policies would include the allowing of a religious organization into the school community. Guidance counselors are helpful to an extent, but the older ones have not looked into colleges in a long time and many don't really know the best colleges for different directions. The Vice Principal needs to be replaced, he is corrupt and extremely shows favoritism. In addition, clubs and sports attempt to please the administration so big parts of the musical, head football positions, etc. are given to children of influential community members, particularly school board members. Fredonia politics prevent people who deserve the positions and scholarships, etc. to get them.
While Fredonia has a great sports record, it is very underfunded in the form of equipment and facilities for sports. This does not hinder Fredonia's athletic talent but does discourage others from using the facilities. The facilities in general are decades old, the weight room isn't greatly stocked or very big, and the fields where the tennis, baseball and soccer play are susceptible to huge gusts of winds do to their location and lack of trees. The football field in the Orange Bowl is a very key aspect of Fredonia's facilities and has often provided Fredonia teams the ability to play in the muddy conditions better than the others. The track has been condemned and is not usable and the pool constantly breaks. These are all as a result of underfunding from the State of NY.
I really enjoyed my time here. There are so many different experiences you can have. I implore anyone to attend the football and basketball events, go see the musical, listen to our excellent bands and orchestras, explore our creative art students' works. They're all amazing. There is so much school spirit and such a sense of community. You know everyone, but not in a bad limited way, in an empowering and connecting way. While this school doesn't have the diversity of a city, we do have many members of different cultures that enrich our community. I was friends with two sisters who were Indian heritage, as well as some of Chinese and Japanese. We have exchange students that have all been great and the ability to travel to Europe every year is a huge benefit. The teachers are amazing and I love them all. They're the best.