Franklin Regional Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Murrysville, PA. It has 1,223 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Franklin Regional Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A222 Students
- A+188 Students
- A-125 Students
- B-86 Students
- B70 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+55 Students
- B-52 Students
- A+47 Students
- A-39 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Franklin Regional Senior High School
- A-Norwin Senior High School
- Norwin School District, PA
- 246 reviews
- B+Hempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- 257 reviews
- A-Penn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- 219 reviews
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 225 reviews
Franklin Regional Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Franklin Regional was overall average. All of my teachers were wonderful and always willing to go the extra mile to help students succeed. I had the opportunity to leave at 10:15 every day to go to an internship which I loved. This opportunity helped me expand my knowledge of the career field I’m going into. I wish that there were more opportunities relating to art. There were many beginners art classes, but I feel as if the talent of the students would fit better into more advanced programs that the current art teachers would easily be able to take on given their skills.
I liked the teachers, people, cafeteria, and all of the students that went there. I also liked how they had so many classes that prepared you for college whenever you graduated. The attitudes of the teachers are what was really astonishing. They had the mentality that no student was better than the other, no matter how smart or mental that student was. Everybody was treated as equals. No teacher had a favorite student that he or she would just pass without any work being done. They helped and made you earn the grade that you deserved. This was truly a great and wonderful school that I hope every student will have a chance to experience. Honestly, I would like to no alterations to this school since they are doing a amazing and spectacular job.
Franklin Regional provided me with extraordinary opportunities to challenge myself and further my education. The teachers and administrators were always a pleasure to work it. However, the lack of diversity sometimes made minorities feel marginalized, which I strongly disliked.