Franklin Regional Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Murrysville, PA. It has 1,227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Franklin Regional Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A295 Students
- A+243 Students
- A-157 Students
- B-116 Students
- A+90 Students
- B88 Students
- B-75 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-51 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Franklin Regional Senior High School
- A-Norwin Senior High School
- Norwin School District, PA
- 257 reviews
- B+Hempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- 264 reviews
- B+Penn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- 238 reviews
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 236 reviews
Franklin Regional Senior High School Reviews
Overall, Franklin provided me with a quality high school education. I disliked the fact that for students in my year (2020) and above, + grades were nonexistent; it was only A, A-, B, B-, etc. Additionally, a 91 was considered an A- when for most other schools, a 90 is still considered an A. The bag checks after our high school stabbing on 4/9/2014 were largely ineffective and seemingly was put in place to make the school "look like it was doing something". Most teachers were amazing, but several graded unfairly and it was unfair for students taking the same class with a different teacher.
From afar Franklin Regional looks like a stereotypical high end public school, but within the walls of this high school there’s a loving community that sticks together through thick and thin. Because of the high attention in education and students’ wellbeing’s, Franklin Regional has a strong and young group of highly intelligent people.
My experience with FRHS has been overall very good. There is a diverse population of students with various backgrounds and cultures. At FRHS, it is very easy to make new lifelong friends. Most teachers really care about their students and are creative in their techniques to help students learn. One thing I would change is campus traffic. There are not a lot of parking spots at the high school, and in the mornings, traffic gets really backed up along the main roads. Overall, Franklin Regional is a great school with great faculty and great students.