Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Franklin Regional Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Murrysville, PA. It has 1,135 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Franklin Regional Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A350 Students
- grade A+277 Students
- grade A minus173 Students
- grade B minus122 Students
- grade A+110 Students
- grade B101 Students
- grade B minus86 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A+67 Students
- grade A+56 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 83 responses
- Football games25%
- Relay for Life25%
- Homecoming and Prom18%
- Holiday Telethon10%
- Marching Band4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,281 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 47 responses
Schools like Franklin Regional Senior High School
- grade A minusNorwin Senior High School
- Norwin School District, PA
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 269 reviews
- grade BHempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 266 reviews
- grade A minusPenn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 256 reviews
- grade BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 239 reviews
Franklin Regional Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.78 out of 5 324 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This is a great school with great facilities and fantastic programs! I'm happy to be a part of such a loving community with faculty and staff who really do care about their students. Of course, everywhere will have its flaws, I think some of franklin's would be the students themselves. But I've been able to find friends and have a good time!
One great aspect of Franklin Regional was that most of the teachers genuinely care to be there and help the students succeed. They take the time to get to know everyone and help as much as they can. Franklin Regional also takes they're safety precautions and procedures very seriously. Any type of threat was taken seriously, which the school provided bag, locker, and or room checks. I do feel the school should provide more services or focus on mental health more to help students struggling. I also feel more life skill classes should be put in place to educate students for the real world.
In the past four years I feel that I have learned a lot about Franklin Regional Senior High School. The teachers, secretaries, security guards and other staff are always welcoming and help any way they can. I feel like I have learned a lot from them over the years and I am surprised to say that I will miss it a lot. The teachers for the most part have been good but every teacher is so different and has various rules and grading policies so having a lack of uniformity can be difficult sometimes.