Franklin High School is an above average, public school located in Franklin, OH. It has 775 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-93 Students
- A-82 Students
- A78 Students
- A+68 Students
- A-41 Students
- B-41 Students
- B40 Students
- B35 Students
- A30 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Franklin High School
- B-Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Local School District, OH
- 32 reviews
- B-Edgewood High School
- Edgewood City School District, OH
- 97 reviews
- B+Valley View High School
- Valley View Local School District, OH
- 95 reviews
- B-Madison High School
- Madison Local School District (Middletown), OH
- 17 reviews
Franklin High School Reviews
At Franklin High School there are many clubs and organizations to get involved in! There are many sport teams for both men and women including: basketball, soccer, football, track, baseball/softball, and cross-country. There are many extracurricular activities that are not considered sports at franklin such as: cheerleading, drama club, SADD (students against drunk driving), teacher aids, choir, dance, dance team , band, and many more! These groups are popular for students and open for anyone to join! The level of commitment has to be strong, and each person makes an impact with every group he/she is in. Administration supports the groups verbally, but the budget is not always the best for individual groups; this does not take their support away from any of the groups, but focus on those that are more popular than others.
There are few people who actually enjoy going to school at 7:30 in the morning and I am not one of those people. But for my senior year, our administration has made it tolerable. I am at school for four and a half hours and that has been the best thing to happen to me all four years.
Most teachers present their information in a variety of ways. Videos, essays, quizzes or online interactions, worksheets, hands on experiences, the list goes on. They are all very insightful of the subjects they teach. They also care a lot for the students and their success, even the librarian will go above and beyond for each individual. They also make what they want in assignments very clear. If not, they will do their best to describe in another way what they expect to reach an understanding. There are some teachers here and there that can be iffy, and over the last few years Franklin has had a Lot of new teachers come in along with other staff members. Overall, the teachers are wonderful.