Franklin High School is a highly rated, public school located in Franklin, MA. It has 1,734 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Franklin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A277 Students
- A+149 Students
- A+141 Students
- A-129 Students
- B128 Students
- A+105 Students
- A97 Students
- B+84 Students
- B+60 Students
- A-60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Franklin High School Reviews
I liked how involved all the staff and students are with eachother. I also really like the resources the school offers and the accomidations they make to ensure every student feels safe and happy in the school environment. With a new school, there are many advantages with the state of the art technology and access to very good resources to help give students the best education possible. The administration is understanding and provides comfort and support for all students going through struggles and transitions. All the staff is very well equipped to help students reguardless of their issues and never fail to show compassion and flexibility when needed. Al other calculations and staff want what is in the best interest of the students and will not hesitate to help make accomidations in order for one to be successful.
My experience at Franklin High was excellent because of the many opportunities and experiences open to myself and those around me. Franklin High maintains great social and academic diversity, with students coming from a vast variety of backgrounds, and classes respectively varying to match all levels of performance. It also hosts an array of opportunities for sports, civil rights, and the arts, and because of this variety in academics and activities, great experiences are always around the corner at Franklin High, like concerts, field trips, art shows, and a ton of after-school clubs. With classes like Animation, Conspiracy Theories, and even Jazz Studio, there's plenty of opportunities for students of all grade levels at Franklin. As well as this, all of the teachers there excel at interacting with their students on an individual level. In general, I would not be where I am, academically, artistically, nor socially, without all of the great experiences I had at Franklin High.
The school was rebuilt 3 years ago so the facilities are very good. You receive a good education at Franklin High and the teachers are generally good. The student body is focused on academics and is well behaved; there are not a lot of fights or dangerous behavior. Most of the kids have been in the Franklin Public School system since kindergarten so by the time you get to high school, you end up knowing almost everyone (there are only three middle schools). My time at Franklin High School has been good and I think I'm prepared for the challenges of college.