Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Franklin County High School is an above average, public school located in Rocky Mount, VA. It has 2,083 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Franklin County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+245 Students
- B228 Students
- C221 Students
- A218 Students
- A+185 Students
- B+156 Students
- C+144 Students
- B+126 Students
- B+123 Students
- B+118 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Franklin County High School Reviews
Despite having a rough time mentally, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with FCHS. I had teachers who were vital to me becoming who I am in all of the best ways, such as the choir teacher, who shaped me into a leader that I never couldve achieved with the amount of anxiety struggles that I’ve had in my life, and the art teacher who was the friend that I needed so badly. It was an amazing school with amazing faculty and a BEAUTIFUL campus! Almost a college campus. Loved it!
Like many other schools Franklin County High School has its flaws. It lacks in teachers and administrators who actually care and wish to help you, and the same could be said for their guidance department. It also unfortunately lacks in supporting the artistic clubs around the school while the average sports teams receive an abundance of praise. However, it does excel in providing college courses for students to take. Even though this high school does have improvements to be made, it gives many great opportunities to its student with regard to college, internships, and careers. This school also provides helpful CET programs.
My experience with Franklin County High School was pretty good. The school gives you a wide variety of different classes to choose from, which is incredible to help reach your lifelong goal for life. Also, most of the teachers there are almost always willing to help with students, even if they need a little extra push. The students most definitely is the teachers number one priority, which is an amazing thing to feel. When it comes to the students, most of them are friendly and there is a wide variety of friendship click. I truly do not have really anything bad to say about Franklin County High School, my overall experience was pretty incredible.