Franklin County High School is an above average, public school located in Frankfort, KY. It has 982 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Franklin County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-160 Students
- B-115 Students
- B-87 Students
- A-83 Students
- B-55 Students
- B-44 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-39 Students
- C+38 Students
- B+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Franklin County High School
- BWestern Hills High School
- Franklin County Public Schools, KY
- 146 reviews
- BFrankfort High School
- Frankfort Independent Schools, KY
- 38 reviews
- B-Anderson County High School
- Anderson County Public Schools, KY
- 155 reviews
- B+Scott County High School
- Scott County Public Schools, KY
- 279 reviews
Franklin County High School Reviews
I appreciate my high school experience, because it shows me the real world and how different people react to situations. I did not have the ¨perfect high school life¨, but who does? Every school has unfair situations, bullying, and misunderstandings but that does not matter as long as the student has people or just one person to help and support them. I would like to see Franklin County High School change the way they handle some situations and have more of an open mind to what the students want to see happen in school.
I am a current student attending Franklin County High School. The number one thing I enjoy about Franklin County High School is its educational opportunities and teachers. There is honestly no specific thing that I could see added to the school. It's in a good area, has a great athletic organization, offers many general classes as well as college readiness courses and has a high graduation rate.
The quality of education is very good for a public school. Multiple college and AP classes offered for students looking to take challenging classes. Clean, friendly, and inclusive environment. It is very evident that the teachers not only care about you as a student, but as a person and are looking to help better you as much as they can.