Franklin Community High School is an above average, public school located in Franklin, IN. It has 1,560 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Franklin Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A214 Students
- B+178 Students
- A+159 Students
- B122 Students
- B120 Students
- B-110 Students
- A-82 Students
- C+39 Students
- B37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 86 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Franklin Community High School
- C+Edinburgh Community High School
- Edinburgh Community School Corporation, IN
- 35 reviews
- B+Greenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 191 reviews
- BWhiteland Community High School
- Clark-Pleasant Community School Corporation, IN
- 263 reviews
- BTriton Central High School
- Northwestern Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 154 reviews
Franklin Community High School Reviews
Franklin teachers care about thier students. 9/10 teachers are top of the line, but there will be a few that fall short of incredible. Teachers here want to make a difference. Franklin offers many clubs and athletic opportunities. Although our football team is not the greatest, there are so many more things to be proud of; Choir State Champions, Swimming State Champions, Wildlife Team National Champions, and more! Franklin has increased their safety protocols to make the students feel safe. There are 15+ clubs to join. The school was built several years ago so it is fairly new. It may seem ginormous on the outside, but it feels a lot smaller on the inside and is easy to navigate.
I enjoyed my experience at FCHS very much. I learned so much beyond the classroom and felt all my extracurriculars were beyond worth the time. At FCHS I participated in the state's top choirs and participated in the women's soccer team. At FCHS I felt we had some of the states, top-level teachers. They always put forward everything they could in order to make sure that we were as successful as possible. Our school campus and facilities were equally as rewarding. At FCHS we have been lucky enough to have an incredibly beautiful school and campus with supplies and technology that help us succeed. I felt FCHS provided a wonderful and rewarding experience for me to receive my high school education.
I would say that Franklin Community High School is an amazing school to attend due to the fact that the teachers really are there for every student and want to know how they can help inside and outside of the school. We have made sports and other extracurricular activities an amazing thing to be apart of with excellent facilities able to be used. Along with this, they make sure every student is given the best learning opportunity the school can offer.