Franklin Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 2,726 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Franklin Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A503 Students
- B+433 Students
- B412 Students
- A+298 Students
- A-258 Students
- B-204 Students
- C+106 Students
- B106 Students
- B100 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.82 responses
Schools like Franklin Central High School
- A-Speedway Senior High School
- School Town of Speedway, IN
- 73 reviews
- B-Beech Grove High School
- Beech Grove City Schools, IN
- 100 reviews
- B-Shelbyville Senior High School
- Shelbyville Central Schools, IN
- 168 reviews
- BFranklin Community High School
- Franklin Community School Corporation, IN
- 254 reviews
Franklin Central High School Reviews
I really enjoyed my experience at FC. Honestly some of the best years although I didn’t always think that in the moment. The only things I feel are negative is that the school itself could use more improvement. We have extremely crowded halls and the condition of the classes in the main are not the best. The Freshman Academy is very nice. One other thing is that I feel some of the teachers did not help me when I needed it. They would be there for questions but when you asked them you didn’t always get an answer. Some teachers didn’t understand that some students have different learning styles which caused them to mainly focus on one way of learning and it caused the other students to not benefit from the class as much as they could have. I genuinely love the school and most of the teachers and I do not wish I went anywhere else, but like every school they still have some things to work on!
Franklin Central has an amazing staff! My teachers have never hesitated to help me when I struggled with a concept. The teachers really care about what is going on in your life and connecting with you, not just lecturing at you all class. The classes I have taken have prepared me for college. The only thing I wish Franklin Central could do better at is controlling sports events. I stopped going to a lot of football and basketball games because they got out of hand and people were doing certain things that are not legal. This resulted in a not very exciting environment. Aside from the sports, academics have never been a problem at Franklin Central and I am honored to be apart of this school.
Franklin Central Administration seems to be more worried about their 100% graduation rate and giving student's any diploma without concern for how they will fair once they leave high school. I have a daughter, with an IEP, that is capable of attending college. She would like to take C-Nine classes and was told by her counselor that she could get a Tech diploma and doesn't have to take a foreign language, in fact, didn't recommend it. Doesn't she need that to attend any 4 year college? I just don't believe they put kids first!