Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Franklin Area High School is a public school located in Franklin, PA. It has 843 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Franklin Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- A+65 Students
- B-51 Students
- A51 Students
- B37 Students
- C+36 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+23 Students
- A-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Franklin Area High School
- C+Oil City Senior High School
- Oil City Area School District, PA
- 144 reviews
- C+Lakeview High School
- Lakeview School District, PA
- 93 reviews
- CRocky Grove Junior/Senior High School
- Valley Grove School District, PA
- 74 reviews
- BCochranton Junior/Senior High School
- Crawford Central School District, PA
- 70 reviews
Franklin Area High School Reviews
Franklin High School is an interesting place to grow and learn in. It is a somewhat small school, but has friendly staff and gives me an environment where I feel comfortable being in. The school does a good job keeping its students educated and informed, and keeps morality up with pep rallies and spirit weeks. It was, without a shadow of a doubt, a pleasant school to be a part of. The most I can wish for when regarding change is an improvement in the school's resources, food, and diversity in both people and classes.
Arts and music department is one of the best in the area. They just added a creative workshop and I know a ton of kids love it. There is a lot of positive changes they are making to the school to bring a better vibe when you walk in the doors. Most of the teachers are great and will work with all students. From my experience I have never had a problem with missing class for a sport they will always make sure you are mentally and physically okay before they teach.
This school not only greatly lacks a variety of AP classes, but it also does a poor job of preparing students for college entrance exams like the SAT and ACT. In short, it barely prepares students for college.