Franklin Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Wake Forest, NC. It has 1,639 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Franklin Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+179 Students
- A+135 Students
- B+126 Students
- A-114 Students
- B+97 Students
- B+96 Students
- A+52 Students
- A49 Students
- B+47 Students
- A+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 128 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Franklin Academy Reviews
Overall going to Franklin academy has been an interesting experience. The school has an outstanding academic focus. They give many opportunities for students improve their grade with giving them the option of tutoring from both teachers and fellow peers. While the school is very academically focused, we lack the involvement of sports. Sports are available to students however the spirit and involvement with student body lacking.
As a middle school student at Franklin Academy the people are polite, nice, caring, etc. The main overall "problem" for me is the diversity of people, but this is also coming from someone of color so what a problem is to me may not be to you. I am one of somewhere near 6-7 african americans. Not including other races but trust me there are no more than 15 people of other races in my grade. But other than that I really don't have a problem. The staff is great, the food is actual food and not that weird cafeteria stuff. So if you are considering joining you definitely should try.
I like how this school is a very safe and a smaller school. It isn’t too big of a school where you know no one, but one where you can know almost everybody and meet a lot of people without getting too caught up or lost in the shuffle of thousands of kids. The school is tough academically but prepares you for your future. The administration is tough and there isn’t much room to have to much fun at all. Overall it is a good school for your future but not so much socially.