Franklin Academy High School is a public school located in Malone, NY. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- B-26 Students
- C18 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-16 Students
- A-13 Students
- A13 Students
- B12 Students
- A-12 Students
- A12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Franklin Academy High School
- BChateaugay High School
- Chateaugay Central School District, NY
- 25 reviews
- C+Saint Regis Falls Central School
- Saint Regis Falls Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 18 reviews
- C-Brushton-Moira High School
- Brushton-Moira Central School District, NY
- 32 reviews
- C+Salmon River Junior/Senior High School
- Salmon River Central School District, NY
- 50 reviews
Franklin Academy High School Reviews
Franklin Academy has had a great influence to make me the man that I am today. I have taken courses that have challenged me to work tirelessly so that I maintain a 90 average. I have made friends with both students and faculty. I have even been a section champion on several sports teams that I have participated in. However, Franklin Academy lacks consistency and appears to not be able to maintain certain rules, hold its students accountable for their actions, or be able to keep teachers for more than a few years. There are several cases of special privileges for students that are children of the Board of Education and certain teachers. Although, I never felt that I was unsafe at Franklin Academy. Franklin Academy provides two armed officers on campus that are fully capable of protecting the students and faculty.
I had a good experience attending this school. There are opportunities available for all different kinds of students. There is the BOCES program to prepare students to join the work force, and there are AP classes, honors classes, and dual enrollment classes for students preparing for college. I wish there was more involvement in academic extracurriculars. I also wish the student body was more ethnically diverse, but that's not something that can be changed.
Franklin Academy is a very good school where the teachers care about every individual student and if they are having problems the teachers try and make it an easier day for you at school. I’m going to be a senior this year and I have been in this school district my whole life and I wouldn’t have chosen any other high school to go to. I love Franklin Academy!