Francis Lewis High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-240 Students
- A+236 Students
- B208 Students
- B185 Students
- B+163 Students
- A-149 Students
- B+148 Students
- A+132 Students
- B117 Students
- A+115 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.81 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.102 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.101 responses
Francis Lewis High School Reviews
Review Francis Lewis High School
Francis Lewis High School, ughhhh! My first reaction of acceptance. Dying to go to a specialized high school, I felt like I settled with this school. Well, was I wrong! After seeing the diversity, along with some familiar faces I realized maybe it wasn't so bad after all. The school is anything a student can ask for. Safety, diversity, and welcoming. My favorite part about the school is how unique it is. A small school, with almost 5,000 students, is jaw dropping. With the jrotc program, great faculty, the school is able to run, without the assistant principal Ms.Palimino I think this school would have fell apart honestly. She cares for every student, and makes the school what it is. I love Francis Lewis high school, I can honestly call it my second home. We may be thinking we're headed in the wrong direction, but God always knows what's best, and Francis Lewis High School is definitely the best!
Starting Francis Lewis as a freshmen, I was scared by the huge school. How was I going to find my way to my classes? What was even more surprising was the trailer classes! The school is tremendously diverse and the amount of friends you are able to meet in one year is countless. The teachers also offer to stay after school to give students the extra help before important tests or quizzes. Although the cafeteria is often super crowded and it may be hard to find a seat, the school environment is great! We all have this respect for each other!
I'm still a student, it's an alright school overall there are certain kids that are irrelevant and can verbally bully and whether someone is in a fight people would rather film it instead of help. The school guards are a little too friendly with the bad kids and they allow their chaos to slide. The deans are sometimes really annoying, also some teachers including students. Some teachers need to be fired for the lack of teaching they apparently have, and their lack of interest in teaching. Some can't control a classroom because they are too damn nice and they need to hire some stricter police guards because there are some very violent kids in school. The talent shows are rigged, and many things are as well. The academics are average the assistant principal of math is a jerk and very racist and should be fired and banned from ever being in a school. Mostly this school should improve on stricter safety, firing idiots, and prevent violence honestly there's too much going on. Also there is too much damn kids in this freaking school! It's like being locked up with animals. I feel very Claustrophobic in these halls, they need to stop allowing kids from Brooklyn, Bronx, even Long Island into a fresh meadows zoned school like what the heck are they even doing in fresh meadows? There's like almost 5,000 kids! There are some rooms that are closets changed into classrooms it's a hazard and it is very dangerous. Someone needs to place some common sense into this school.