Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Framingham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Framingham, MA. It has 2,271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Framingham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A376 Students
- A+241 Students
- A+189 Students
- B164 Students
- C+161 Students
- A+149 Students
- B+134 Students
- B128 Students
- A120 Students
- B+119 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Framingham High School Reviews
The education at FHS is standard. I have met a handful of teachers at this institution who genuinely want to see their students succeed and excel post-high school. However, there are a great deal of teachers who are rather harsh on their students, specifically the English and math department. I moved to Framingham after middle school and I have to say the school is not as welcoming as they seem to be. As I lived in a predominantly white and Jewish neighborhood in MA prior to moving to Framingham, the hospitality and gratitude of my former neighborhood does not compare to Framingham. The high school specifically praises its diversity that they overlook that they are not inclusive. As a student of color, I received experienced several micro-aggressions at the HS. Framingham has racial incidents outside HS too. Overall, I received the education I needed to succeed in my post-secondary studies but Framingham has some serious work to do. They could start by getting a bigger high school.
My experience at FHS was awesome, especially due to my caring peers and the supportive faculty and staff. The diversity of FHS allowed for dynamic class discussions that involved a wide variety of individual perspectives and life experiences. As a larger high school, FHS provided me with many opportunities to take advantage of, such as the practical and fun classes in the Family and Consumer Sciences department. Overall, the people and opportunities at FHS contributed to my positive high school experience there.
Framingham High School is a diverse place where you are guaranteed to meet all students of different races, beliefs, and experiences growing up. Compared to other towns near us, the student body at Framingham High School is much more diverse and much more engaged in school spirit. This school is one of few in the state that truly doesn't have grade inflation; an A is an A. and must be earned. This school is one of the few "real" schools in the state, and I am proud of being a flyer!