Framingham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Framingham, MA. It has 2,102 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Framingham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A277 Students
- A+178 Students
- A+145 Students
- B-137 Students
- B+105 Students
- A+102 Students
- B+100 Students
- B99 Students
- B-87 Students
- A-84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Framingham High School Reviews
Framingham High School is a diverse place where you are guaranteed to meet all students of different races, beliefs, and experiences growing up. Compared to other towns near us, the student body at Framingham High School is much more diverse and much more engaged in school spirit. This school is one of few in the state that truly doesn't have grade inflation; an A is an A. and must be earned. This school is one of the few "real" schools in the state, and I am proud of being a flyer!
Framingham High school is an exceptionally average school. It has a significant amount of classes that can help you expand your horizons. Everything else is average. Sports are stellar, but only because it has all the budget, leaving the other departments relying on the teacher's personal funds. Arts=neglected, history/math textbooks=outdated/old, and science department's labs are circa 1985. Not to mention the complete lack of thermal regulation throughout the entire building. Just ask the English department, where summers drive the teachers to frantically rent out classrooms in the only hall in the entire school with air conditioning. All in all, it is no one's first choice, but at least we have 'Flyers Pride'.
FHS is a good school, and you can get a lot out of it if you choose the right classes for you. Teachers are all for the most part very friendly and knowledgeable. The bathrooms are not that great, however, and this has become a worsening problem. Besides that, the school is pretty good with academics and a variety of after school sports and clubs. The counseling staff is great, but new rules have made it very difficult to personalize your schedule if you happen to change your mind as to what classes you’d like to take, which can be frustrating.