Fox Lane High School is a top rated, public school located in Bedford, NY. It has 1,348 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Fox Lane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+126 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+89 Students
- A88 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+56 Students
- A-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Fox Lane High School
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 87 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 411 reviews
- A+Rye Neck Senior High School
- Rye Neck Union Free School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- A+Harrison High School
- Harrison Central School District, NY
- 104 reviews
Fox Lane High School Reviews
Fox Lane is extremely diverse. Every corner you turn, you'll find someone with different backgrounds, interest, hobbies, and more. Not only is the community diverse but its also diverse in its clubs, sports (shout out to the wrestling team), and much more! The staff has some of the most polite and respectful peopole who will do anything to answer a simple question or find help. Great school, more than content with my 4 years there.
What I liked about my experience at Fox Lane High School was the classes to choose from during my Junior and Senior year. There were courses offered in regards to economics, accounting, and engineering. Some of these courses even offered the option to purchase college credits at the end of the course depending on your grade. Having a wide variety allowed me to explore and figure out whether certain areas of learning were truly beneficial to me and my passions. I had taken the engineering course for 2 years and although I was generally good at it, I soon realized that it wasn't the path I was destined to take. I was also chosen to be in a program called AVID, which stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination. This course was centered around college preparation and helped me extensively in regards to the college application process. I had many close relationships with adults around the building including my guidance counselor, school monitors, and certain subject teachers.
FLHS is an amazing school with a great curriculum, caring faculty, and diverse population. Everyone is very friendly in this relaxed environment, and the support for the students is unimaginable. Guidance counselors always have your back during the college process and the courses offered truly prep you for college. Many students have been accepted into Ivy Leagues and very prestigious schools, truly one of best schools in Westchester County.