Fox Lane High School is a top rated, public school located in Bedford, NY. It has 1,380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Fox Lane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+106 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+77 Students
- A+71 Students
- A70 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+48 Students
- B46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Fox Lane High School
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 82 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 384 reviews
- A+Rye Neck Senior High School
- Rye Neck Union Free School District, NY
- 69 reviews
- A+Harrison High School
- Harrison Central School District, NY
- 101 reviews
Fox Lane High School Reviews
Fox Lane is extremely diverse. Every corner you turn, you'll find someone with different backgrounds, interest, hobbies, and more. Not only is the community diverse but its also diverse in its clubs, sports (shout out to the wrestling team), and much more! The staff has some of the most polite and respectful peopole who will do anything to answer a simple question or find help. Great school, more than content with my 4 years there.
Fox Lane is a rigorous high school that leaves students very well prepared for college. The faculty provides students with a great support system and are always willing to help students learn in a way that works for them. However, the math department could use some re-staffing as many teachers don't seem to teach in a way that most students understand. One department that stands out is the music department, which has amazing staff, technology and opportunities for students. Fox Lane has great facilities equipped with new learning technology that helps students to adapt to the changing world around them. Overall, a terrific public school.
I really liked the way teachers cared about you and your studies. They were really on top of you if you were slipping in the class. I also liked the fact that the guidance counselors really cared about the work of students and prepared them as much as possible for college. The school encouraged everyone to be a part of club, sports, or any extracurricular activities. The diversity was really good and I would like to see Fox Lane become an even better school in the near future.