Fox Chapel Area High School is an elite, public school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 1,413 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Fox Chapel Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A237 Students
- A+171 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Fox Chapel Area High School
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 297 reviews
- A+Upper St. Clair High School
- Upper St. Clair School District, PA
- 226 reviews
- A+North Allegheny High School
- North Allegheny School District, PA
- 663 reviews
- A+Hampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 196 reviews
Fox Chapel Area High School Reviews
I consider myself very lucky to have been able to not only go to Fox Chapel's high school but also elementary and middle schools. Fox Chapel has great opportunities for all different kinds of students. Incredible art classes, business classes, and other areas that are helpful to future college students. Being that I am now going to be a sophomore in college, I credit a lot of my picking schools and my major to the classes, teachers, and experiences I had at FC!
I have had a positive experience while attending the Fox Chapel Area School District. Fox Chapel is a larger school district, which opportunity to meet a lot of new individuals from various races and backgrounds, that were different than myself. My peers at school create a competitive environment, to help push others to succeed. The Students all have a sense of unity, despite our differences. Teachers at Fox Chapel create an environment that makes students feel welcomed, cared about, and helps makes the students content while being at school. Fox Chapel has an up to date Facility, that was recently remodeled. The School has provided up to date technology to create more career specialized classes to help the students in the future. The classes at Fox Chapel are personalized to students needs. All of the classes offered can help prep students for college and their future careers. Overall, I am very pleased with my past four years attending Fox Chapel Area High school.
There are a ton of clubs at Fox Chapel! There is an entire week dedicated to learning more about clubs during lunches. People who join clubs are usually very committed and do whatever they need to do. The most popular club at Fox Chapel is FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America. In this club, you take a test on a certain subject and how you place in your region determines if you go to states. From states you go to nationals. This year it is in Tennessee! The teachers are very supportive about clubs and after school programs. They would do anything for us students.