Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Fox Chapel Area High School is a top rated, public school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 1,330 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Fox Chapel Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A357 Students
- A+261 Students
- A+156 Students
- A+136 Students
- A+123 Students
- A-117 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Fox Chapel Area High School
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 349 reviews
- A+Upper St. Clair High School
- Upper St. Clair School District, PA
- 257 reviews
- A+North Allegheny High School
- North Allegheny School District, PA
- 723 reviews
- A+Hampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 214 reviews
Fox Chapel Area High School Reviews
I loved how prepared the school made all its graduates for post-secondary opportunities, whether students planned on furthering their education, or simply looking to join the work force both were reinforced with an abundant amount of resources. One thing I would like to see change though, would be the lack of diversity amongst the student populace. Obviously I am aware that due to the lack of public transportation, and simply the somewhat remote area that the school resides in that it’s rather difficult to include students of a wider variety than that of the close surrounding area. Besides that I loved just about everything the school had to offer!
I love attending Fox Chapel! Compared to the small private school I attended previously FC nicely give you a small intimate feel in a large public school environment. The class sizes are fairly compact and the friends I have made here will hopefully be in my life many years past graduation. The food is great as well, though I recommend not getting the homemade pizza when it's served. Spicy chicken patty is definitely a crowd favorite! Overall, though it does have its problem like any school, Fox Chapel is a great high school to attend.
I have had a really good experiance at Fox Chapel Area High School. I have made a lot of really good friends along the way and we are always supportive of each other. The teachers care a lot about the students success and they help in any way possible by staying after hours, time in QRT, or even just explaining something again. The school has great guidance counselors that help the student go through high school, plan classes, and prepare them for college. They have great places for students to hang out and get help as well. They also have a great club system where clubs are held after school hours and students can make friends and hang out with their already existing ones while having a lot of fun.