Founders Classical Academy of Leander is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Leander, TX. It has 573 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Founders Classical Academy of Leander Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+17 Students
- A+12 Students
- A10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A7 Students
- B+5 Students
- A5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Founders Classical Academy of Leander Reviews
I love this charter school. I went from a sinking charter school with semi-okay grades because I didn't understand a thing that was being taught on the computer to a classical school which taught the way school should be taught. It didn't just teach me what I needed to survive out of school but how to talk to teachers and formulate relationships with them. Sure, some of these teachers were tough but all of them are willing to help and talk to you to get you to succeed. They expect you to do your best. When Archer games come along its all Harry Potter fun- as we are sorted into houses like the Harry Potter series. Everyone puts in the time to help you exceed including the students as well. Thank you, FCA of Leander!
My experience with Founders Classical Academy has been very helpful in developing a love for learning along with the formation of my character. Unlike many other schools, Founders sets the bar high, pushing its students to work hard and develop them in virtue. The school sets 7 core virtues for us to work on, not only to become great students, but also great citizens. It is our duty to be great citizens, and the school enables us to potentially do so through the curriculum. In learning about the greats through classes like philosophy, we are able to take what they have observed about human nature and government, and form our own ideas. Sometimes, we get to talk amongst ourselves and discuss certain ideas about philosophy or literature. Some of the topics are very interesting, and the discussion can become very lively sometimes as well. The love for learning for the sake itself has made my experience at Founders great, and it's great to be surrounded by others who feel the same way.
Founder's really shaped my education, and I feel as though I owe a large portion of my current academic abilities to the school's teachers and areas of study. The one drawback while I was attending this High School would have to be the overly strict rules. There is a uniform dress code with a formal dress standard on Wednesdays and students are never allowed to access their private cellphones regardless of the time of day. Even lunch time and breaks are off limits with cellphones having to be placed in lockers rather than in bags or pockets on silent.