COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The 2020-21 school year we have successfully opened all 3 of our campuses since the second week of August, 2020 utilizing our COVID protocols and safety measures. These efforts have been completed utilizing the latest guidelines from the CDC and our own local board of medical professionals. For more information regarding our COVID provisions and plans please visit the link. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
Voted "Readers Choice for Orlando's Best Private Christian School", in 2018 & 2019 by Orlando Style Magazine.
In 1958 Foundation Academy opened it's doors to the students and families of Central Florida. Our intention was to treat and teach each child as a unique creation in Christ, and partner with parents and the church to build a foundation for life, over 60 years later that still remains true.
Foundation Academy, a K-3 through 12th-grade private Christian school, was founded in 1958 as a ministry of Winter Garden’s First Baptist Church. All grades were housed at the church campus until 2007 when the Upper School grades moved to a new 70-acre property in south Winter Garden. In 2019 a third campus began at the campus of First Baptist Church Windermere, Lakeside campus with a Kindergarten class. The campus will grow a new grade level each school year up through 6th grade. Currently, Foundation Academy serves 900 students in grades K-3 through 12.
Foundation Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A62 Students
- grade A54 Students
- grade A+54 Students
- grade A36 Students
- grade B+31 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade C+26 Students
- grade B+21 Students
- grade A+19 Students
- grade B+19 Students
Foundation Exceeds National and State Averages
We offer a learning environment that’s centered around Biblical principles, Christ-centered education, and a high-level curriculum all provided through a variety of teaching methods administered by caring Christian teachers. Over the past 6 years FA has exceeded National And State averages in the SAT & ACT. Additionally, one-third of of students are AP Scholars with Recognition.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
- Football games and spirit weeks28%
- Spirit Week20%
- Pep rallies12%
- Theater performances, art show and music concerts12%
- Exams, since I always leave early .4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B minus