Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Fossil Ridge High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fort Collins, CO. It has 2,055 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Fossil Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-549 Students
- A-403 Students
- B-155 Students
- A-137 Students
- A-114 Students
- A-105 Students
- A+97 Students
- B90 Students
- A89 Students
- B-80 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 135 responses
- Homecoming/Spirit Weeks19%
- Football Games18%
- Prom and after-prom18%
- Basketball games13%
- Tunnel Saying Goodbye to Seniors9%
- Marching band5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.68 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Fossil Ridge High School Reviews
Fossil Ridge High School has an amazing staff and administration team. It is so easy for students and teachers to get involved with clubs, sports, and organizations. There is not an enormous amount of school spirit but there are many organizations working on improving it, such as Student Council, Academic Council, Student Ambassadors, DLA, and the Culture & Climate team. The student body is extremely welcoming and the teachers do an amazing job educating and creating relationships with their students. Fossil Ridge gives to the community in many ways, having a very large and involved Key Club. Many students and teachers at Fossil are also involved with non-profit organizations such as Thirst Project and local Turkey Round-up's!
Fossil Ridge High School has an inclusive environment, with many clubs; it is the perfect environment to discover new passions. Different sports and activities are always eager for new faces, and help you develop your passion. The academics, on the other hand, are a little lacking. There is not a set curriculum across grade levels - meaning that some classes lag behind others... or have an entirely different set of learning targets!
Was a very nice school! But if you were not part of a club or activity you felt very isolated from the rest of the school. Most of the students that go here are rich white kids that haven't dealt with any real world problems. There is not a good punishment system so if someone got in trouble or even did something to another student, they perpetrator would get away with it. Most teachers are very nice and will help you with whatever problems you are facing.