Fossil Ridge High School is a top rated, public school located in Fort Collins, CO. It has 1,957 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Fossil Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-423 Students
- A327 Students
- B-116 Students
- A104 Students
- A-85 Students
- A+76 Students
- A-75 Students
- B-62 Students
- A60 Students
- B+59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.69 responses
Fossil Ridge High School Reviews
I had a wonderful experience at Fossil! There is so much to do, and so many ways to get connected. I participated in the band, which was a great involvement and wonderful community. Fossil exceeds in all aspects of arts, athletics, academics, and extracurricular activities!
Fossil has a lot of opportunities and students are encouraged to get involved in clubs and activities. There are many academic clubs including National Honor Society, National Science Honor Society, National Language Honor Society, National Math Honor Society (Mu Alpha Theta), National Art Honor Society, and National Technical Honor Society. There are also many clubs for various interests, like photography club and fresh club, an environmental club. There is a variety of classes and students are able to push themselves academically with many AP classes. Sports are a pretty big part of the school, although they don't all get the recognition they should. Football gets a lot of attention but the other sports are often overlooked.
Fossil Ridge High School was a great place to be for four years. I met some life changing and engaging people that have definitely helped me carve a road to success. There is competitive academic base, but that does not discredit the emphases on sports, arts, and other extracurricular activities. I saw Fossil through the lens of being a member of Student Council, and in that way, I learned a lot more about leadership and had to assume many different roles in relation to teachers and to students. Overall, I learned many things, but the most valuable learning came from those mentors and peers outside of the classroom.