Foss High School is a public school located in Tacoma, WA. It has 801 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Foss High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+187 Students
- A145 Students
- B+95 Students
- B-92 Students
- C90 Students
- B+90 Students
- A-89 Students
- B-76 Students
- A-74 Students
- B+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Foss High School Reviews
Absolutely loved the kids and teachers there; overall an extreme,y welcoming space. The small school setting allows for individual students to succeed and figure out who they are without being overwhelmed. However there are some drawbacks, the way the school treats the IB program is incredibly biased and often full IB students are given special treatment and favoritism. Also, the school lacks a great deal of funding.
I have many experiences at henry Foss high school. Also I have many memories. I really love how welcoming Foss high school is, there really is not that much bullying that happens around the school and if there is it more than likely is going to be stopped. Many people get along at Foss high school and the teachers are great! The things that I would like to see change about Foss high school is maybe a renovation of the school and it will be perfect.
If you chose to do the IB program, you will be challenged academically. Depending on the sport, there will be a surplus of people or a need. Most of the teachers there want you to succeed. However, there are some teachers there just to get their paycheck. The administration is not that good and is lacking in that area. School spirit is also lacking. If you hang out with the right people, you will have a good experience.