Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Fortuna Union High School is a public school located in Fortuna, CA. It has 857 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Fortuna Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-89 Students
- A71 Students
- C68 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+53 Students
- A-49 Students
- B-46 Students
- A46 Students
- B45 Students
- A+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responses
- Student Appreciation Day16%
- Pep rallies2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Fortuna Union High School
- AAcademy of the Redwoods, Early College High School
- Fortuna Union High School District, CA
- 76 reviews
- BEureka Senior High School
- Eureka City Schools, CA
- 178 reviews
- BFerndale High School
- Ferndale Unified School District, CA
- 17 reviews
- NGEureka Community
- Public School
- Eureka, CA
Fortuna Union High School Reviews
I liked how inclusive all of the clubs are. I have made many friends from different social groups through clubs. The schools science and history departments are very strong. The clubs at our school have given me the opportunity to put in countless hours of community service. Our school is very inclusive with our community as well, we like to get the community involved and our community is always supporting what we do. The community comes to our annual Thursday night football and come to all of the basketball games. I have been here for the past four years and have really grown as a person thanks to everyone around me. The teachers in our school are some of the best teachers I’ve ever had. They inspire me to do well in their class and push me to be the best person I can. Teachers at our school truly care, they will stay after school, work during lunch or break, they truly want you to succeed.
At Fortuna high there is a lot of support and resources offered to you that make my experience here really good. There is a lot of fun activities that you can be a part of that are really fun. One of the strongest great things about Fortuna high is all the support you get from your teachers, classmates, and especially your counselors. Our councilors here will do everything they can to get you what you need and help you with anything your having a hard time doing, whether it’s physically or emotionally they will always help. Teachers here are also very understandable with personal lives and tough situations you may be going through that will find a way to help you in your academics, not overwhelming you too much but still getting you to where you need to get.
I am truly blessed to have been able to go to Fortuna High. I play soccer and basketball at Fortuna and it is truly amazing on how much support every sport gets by the school and by our great community. Soccer is usually the less watched sport at every school but in ours its all very even. No matter how our sports teams are our community will be there to support 100% in every match as well as school concerts and outside school activities. I would defientaly still choose this school, I would have not won 3 league championships for soccer and experienced playing a NCS D1 soccer finals with Fortuna as captain. I am truly blessed with being just a little part of Fortuna High.