Fort Payne High School is an above average, public school located in Fort Payne, AL. It has 933 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Fort Payne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B170 Students
- B-157 Students
- A-145 Students
- A140 Students
- A136 Students
- A-92 Students
- B58 Students
- B53 Students
- B50 Students
- A-48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Fort Payne High School Reviews
I have had a great experience at Fort Payne High School! I have the privilege to attend this school, and I wouldn't change that. During my first semester my Junior year I went to a private school, but something didn't feel right so I decided to move back to FPHS and finish up my school years. Going back was one of the greatest decisions I've ever made, because I know now that Fort Payne will always, and is the school for me.
Fort Payne High School is an overall great school to attend, and definitely the best in our area. There are many career pathway classes to take that can really benefit students. There are many clubs to join such as SADD, HOSA, LEO Club, Student Council, FBLA, FCCLA, FTA, Key Club, and more. Fort Payne High School also has many sports teams that are excellent. On the other hand, FPHS campus updates are needed, testing scores overall need improvement, and the food has the potential to be better.
My experience at Fort Payne High School was overall the best experience compared to other students in the surrounding districts. Fort Payne City Schools District focused their time and resources for the students to have all the high-end technology to allow students to build the skills necessary in the real world outside of high school. With the advances in technology, the instructors also showed true passion to their students and school. All factors of the school system worked together to provide every student with the resources and motivation to excel in life post high school.