Fort Myers High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+319 Students
- A-276 Students
- A257 Students
- B+243 Students
- A-203 Students
- A+138 Students
- B125 Students
- C92 Students
- A-66 Students
- B60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 131 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.53 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.77 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.81 responses
Fort Myers High School Reviews
Review Fort Myers High School
I started out at this school going into the IB program, well, the Pre-IB program. Unfortunately my hopes for a good education sunk when I realized FMHS is more concerned about giving out work than they are about their students actually learning the content. So junior year I left the Pre-IB program, and joined the Dual Enrollment and AP programs. Dual Enrollment was fantastic. I got to take college classes at a real college, to get experience of what a college is like. All in all I would recommend the Dual Enrollment and AP Programs over IB. The teachers in the traditional program, (as in without AP, Dual Enrollment or IB), are honestly quite horrible. They don't care about their jobs much. It would be best to take Dual Enrollment, definitely. Thanks, and good luck!
The teachers at this school really care about the students. If a student is struggling, they give opportunities for test corrections, one on one meetings about concerns with the material,and they offer extra credit work. The teacher use multiple teaching style during a lesson to cater towards all students. This is really helpful because not all student process the lesson the same way. The teachers are very nice and passionate about their work and students. Teachers grade with the same consistency to all students. The teachers want you to learn the material, so if you do not do well on a test, they offer to go over the material or test again with the student after school. Fort Myers High has the best selection of teachers!
Fort Myers High School is the best high school in the Lee county area. It has many different programs that it offers such as advance placement, the International Baccalaureate program, dual enrollment, and the Academy of Finance. I am currently in the IB program and the Academy and have been enrolled in AP classes. The school and faculty works extremely hard to prepare its students for life after high school whether its college or the work field. The school is also very welcoming and has great school spirits at sporting and pep rally events. There are many ways to become involved through clubs like our various Honor Societies or the drama department. I have always had a pleasant experience at Fort Myers High with the students and teachers giving it an inviting atmosphere.