Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Fort Morgan High School is a public school located in Fort Morgan, CO. It has 927 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Fort Morgan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-143 Students
- A-136 Students
- C+121 Students
- B99 Students
- A-84 Students
- A-75 Students
- C+72 Students
- A-72 Students
- B-59 Students
- B+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Fort Morgan High School Reviews
Fort Morgan High School is defiantly an anomaly in rural schools. This school is very diverse caucasian students are in the minority! This adds an interesting factor to both the education and cultural aspects of the school. People are accepting of all ethnicities, and teachers often do cultural projects with their students to further educate their students on one another's lives. The teaching is mostly satisfactory, the English, Social Studies, Music, and Art programs excel; while the Math and Science departments are lacking. Class sizes are large (due to the teacher shortage) and a class with over thirty students is not uncommon. The clubs are passable and sports are very competitive. Technology is fairly advanced with every student having their laptops. The biggest complaint are the dated restrooms. Overall, a good school with a few small faults.
There are a lot of things I like about Fort Morgan high school. The teachers there care about your education and want you to succeed in every way possible. Everyone there is mostly fun and friendly and everyone knows everyone. Sports are also a big thing at our school so it does get really competitive if you do play them, which is always fun to watch. Sporting events are the most watched thing, football and volleyball being the most popular. The culture around the school is always positive and it is just a fun atmosphere to be in. It’s always nice to know that the teachers and staff care about your well being, and they will do anything to help you get to where you’re going.
The Fort Morgan High School, can use a few fixes, but overall it's a great community and has all the students working together. There are students from different cultures coming to this school every year and it fun to learn about a life you're not used to. Also the teachers are amazing! Sure there are a few that can use some improvement, but that's with every high school. The building itself can use some upgrades, but it's slowly being growing into something greater and activities are always fun when they're located there. As a student of this high school, i can say that I'm proud to be a part with it and the people there.