Fort Kent Community High School is a public school located in Fort Kent, ME. It has 252 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Fort Kent Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-66 Students
- B47 Students
- B46 Students
- B-22 Students
- C+21 Students
- C18 Students
- C+14 Students
- B-12 Students
- C12 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Fort Kent Community High School Reviews
Fort Kent Community High School Values a family aspect as advisors talk to individual students about how they are doing each week, and students feel as though teachers are fairly trustworthy. However, in my search for colleges my grades, and therefor GPA has suffered due to the new Proficiency-Based Grading that the school has started. Because of this, I find myself suffering as I apply to competitive programs and scholarships as my grades do not reflect who I am as a student. I would like to see this change in the future, and to help this happen I am currently doing my Senior Project on the possible negative effects of PBG that I will present to the school board at the end of the school year.
Our new Principal, Vice Principal and Superintendent are turning our school around. Mindsets are changing. Future is looking good!
At Fort Kent Community High School, there is something for everyone. The sports teams are very competitive, with nearly all of them being in the playoffs this year. The teachers are very interactive and will come in early and stay late for their students. Every year there is a week for a winter carnival, this is extremely important as it increases school pride.