Fort Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-46 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-27 Students
- B+24 Students
- A24 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-13 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-10 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Fort Hill High School Reviews
Review Fort Hill High School
Even though I said in the last review that some of the teachers sucked I've had fun at this school. The band is fun to be in. The football games are fun to go to. I have my friends here at fort hill. I would choose this school over and over again because this is where my little group of friends came together. One at a time. First me, then my friend Corey, then kaleb, then Kaine. I've met amazing people here. Also through this school I've been able to go to the wvu honor band. I've been able to experience things here that a lot of other schools don't do.
Fort Hill is a school full of pride and tradition that the community loves and supports to the best of their abilities. Each student that has ever attended Fort Hill has left an impact in some way, whether it be on a specific teacher, organization or group, or even just the shear memory of them walking through the halls. No one is easily forgotten at Fort Hill, everyone one is given equal opportunities to shine and be recognized for their talents or special interests. Although there are many things to be improved yet, I highly recommend Fort Hill to anyone who may be transferring in, whether it be student or staff. Everyone has your best interest in mind and strives to help you reach your fullest potential.
The teachers at my school are all different. Most care and most will help but not all of them do. Some teachers don't even know what their teaching about. I had a history teacher last year. He tried to reteach us about something we had already learned the previous year and he completely turned around the facts. Then you have teachers like my AP calc teacher. He helps out anybody. He doesn't care if its math or English or even a techno problem. He's always there to help. He is also really good when it comes to teaching. His notes are easy to follow and well written.