Fort Atkinson High School is an above average, public school located in Fort Atkinson, WI. It has 904 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Fort Atkinson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+93 Students
- B+81 Students
- A+43 Students
- C+42 Students
- B+41 Students
- B37 Students
- B36 Students
- A-35 Students
- B22 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Fort Atkinson High School
- A-Milton High School
- Milton School District, WI
- 83 reviews
- BWhitewater High School
- Whitewater Unified School District, WI
- 52 reviews
- B+Deerfield High School
- Deerfield Community School District, WI
- 35 reviews
- A-Jefferson High School
- Jefferson School District, WI
- 65 reviews
Fort Atkinson High School Reviews
I like how Fort Atkinson High School has many teachers who are tremendously concerned with the success of their students. These teachers care for their students, and are always pushing them to do better. I also like the opportunities Fort Atkinson High School provides. There is a wide variety of challenging classes to take and engaging clubs to join. But, one thing that the school could work on improving is the quality of school lunches.
I love the music department here and how dedicated all the teachers are in helping students understand what they are learning. Spirit week is always a highlight but the biggest recommendation to an incomer is get involved, meet new people, and volunteer. By doing these things you will gain new friends and figure out things that you like that you never thought you would.
Overall I had a very good experience because I was very involved in sports and clubs throughout my four years at Fort Atkinson High School. Although my overall experience was good there are a few things I would definitely change. The administration here mostly the priniciples are not hard enough on disciplining I believe. One of my good friends got bullied and they offered the girl who was bullying her a reward if she were to stop. This is very wrong and not the way things like this should be handled. Other than the administration they could do more for college preparation but otherwise a very good high school.