- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
At FCDS, we’re educational experts who know your child. We believe that a truly excellent education integrates opportunities to explore a variety of interests while developing a strong academic base. It is this combination of passion and purpose that creates children who are excited about learning.
Our school is a special place where students are prepared for college and beyond. How are our students ready for what’s ahead?
Invested faculty - Our teachers, coaches, and counselors are all invested in making sure each child is valued, understood, and challenged at the right time.
Acclaimed college counseling - Our college counselors are attentive to each student’s potential and are equipped to make the right-fit college recommendations.
Collaborative community – Our teachers, staff, and families all come together for one common goal – an exceptional educational experience.
We invite your family to visit our vibrant campus to experience Forsyth for yourself.
Forsyth Country Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+49 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-18 Students
- B+16 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A12 Students
The Engineering Program at FCDS
Engineering classes engage students in real-world challenges that help them become better thinkers and collaborators. FCDS is one of the few high schools to offer engineering in the Winston-Salem area. An engineering elective is offered to 7th and 8th grade students. Starting in 9th grade, students can take Intro to Engineering, Honors Advanced Robotics, and Honors Engineering II.
Culture & Safety
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Forsyth Country Day School Reviews
Still, it is in a “Red County”, and that “Inherent undercurrent” is meditated in their conduct, though sophisticatedly! If you are a scholar of color be prepared to face such sophisticated politics (discrimination to be readable).
For instance, if one had shown an outstanding academic prowess and/or received commendable merit scholarships from different colleges (including full rides), school’s response depends on variegated factors except the merit.
An outstanding student of color with spectacular achievements could be completely sidelined; whereas another student with similar achievements can be spotlighted in the school’s newsletter, receive privileged opportunities to speak at the school’s commencement ceremony or given with selective awards. Obviously, all it will be crafted very sophisticated; thus, it will not be picked up on the airfoil.