Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Forsan High School is an above average, public school located in Forsan, TX. It has 396 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Forsan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-62 Students
- C+47 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+26 Students
- A23 Students
- A+17 Students
- B+13 Students
- A12 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Forsan High School Reviews
Forsan is a great school for students, but sometimes I feel like not enough effort is being made. I feel like some of the administration could be looser on some of the students. Students act out when under pressure and pushing rules down their throats only seems to make the situation worse. I feel like academics could be better and that more time needs to be spent looking into the IT departments. More attention needs to be paid to the well being of the students and not on specific programs. I also feel like more needs to be done to prepare students for life in the real world as well as the process of looking for a applying for colleges. Many students do not know how to do it on their own and some have parents that cannot help. I also feel as if more needs to be done in the counselor department to further expand the ability to help students. Students should not feel scared or intimidated by administration either.
I have attended Forsan since kindergarten. The teachers work hard to prepare us for exams and college, but there have been a few that I am not entirely sure how they managed to get hired. The school works hard to get students involved in the band and sports programs, as well as academic UIL events. The facility is always very clean and well prepared. I have enjoyed my experiences at Forsan High School and am looking forward to the next three years I have ahead of me.
Of course all teachers are different in their teaching styles, but at Forsan most of the teaching staff has a very sound and effective way of teaching. The teachers did great with what they were given!