Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Forreston Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Forreston, IL. It has 430 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Forreston Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+28 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B18 Students
- B15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-8 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Forreston Junior/Senior High School
- BOregon High School
- Oregon Community Unit School District No. 220, IL
- 55 reviews
- BEastland Junior-Senior High School
- Eastland Community Unit School District No. 308, IL
- 24 reviews
- B+Pecatonica High School
- Pecatonica Community Unit School District No. 321, IL
- 42 reviews
- A-Byron High School
- Byron Community Unit School District No. 226, IL
- 54 reviews
Forreston Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Forreston Junior/Senior High School was my home over the span of seven years. I grew up with the teachers, became family with my peers, and felt safe and comfortable going there every day of the week. In my times of need, Forreston Junior/Senior High School kept me grounded in my school work and prepared me for what my next journey would be after graduation. Overall, Forreston Junior/Senior High School was the best place for me to grow up in and still be able to call home today.
Forreston is very family-oriented. During times of tragedy, the community all comes together. There are a lot of wonderful classes. The attendance at football games is high, as well.
There was too much bullying, pressure on students, terrible teachers, not many classes to choose from, and if you weren't an athlete you were essentially nothing.