Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Forney High School is an above average, public school located in Forney, TX. It has 1,511 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Forney High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+203 Students
- A+167 Students
- B+141 Students
- B140 Students
- B+134 Students
- A130 Students
- A-127 Students
- B127 Students
- A+87 Students
- B73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Forney High School
- B+North Forney High School
- Forney Independent School District, TX
- 408 reviews
- ASunnyvale High School
- Sunnyvale Independent School District, TX
- 142 reviews
- ARockwall-Heath High School
- Rockwall Independent School District, TX
- 407 reviews
- B+Woodrow Wilson High School
- Dallas Independent School District, TX
- 352 reviews
Forney High School Reviews
I have been attending Forney High School for nearly four years. Forney has its pros and cons. I like how it is very family-oriented. The slogan is. "Forney Family." Everyone is family we treat each other with respect and kindness. There have been some downfalls throughout the past years at Forney. Such as hazing, bullying, and teacher and student relationships. However, since we have had Dr.Campbell, our new Principal, Forney has definitely improved. Now we have different clubs that students can attend to prevent all the bad stuff from happening. One club that I attend is Bible study!
I recently moved to Forney High as an early graduate. The environment in the school is 10 times better than my previous school. I thought making friends and being involved and recognized was going to be harder though Forney High made it pretty easy on me! Will be forever thankful for the staff! Every aspect of the school, including parents, academics and sports are a huge part of what makes the school great!
The fine arts at Forney is terrific! The students and teachers put in their time and effort to ensure their students to be successful. The school over all is well-rounded. Students are taught the essentials for college and there are teachers who push there students for success. Forney High School, overall is a good school and is improving with each year.