Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Forest Lake Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Forest Lake, MN. It has 1,954 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Forest Lake Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+310 Students
- B+142 Students
- B121 Students
- A-120 Students
- A+118 Students
- B97 Students
- B+76 Students
- B73 Students
- B67 Students
- C+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Forest Lake Senior High School
- A-Centennial High School
- Centennial Public School District, MN
- 272 reviews
- A-Blaine High School
- Anoka-Hennepin Public School District, MN
- 426 reviews
- A-Chisago Lakes High School
- Chisago Lakes School District, MN
- 148 reviews
- A-Osceola High School
- Osceola School District, WI
- 150 reviews
Forest Lake Senior High School Reviews
I am a senior and have been a part of the forest lake school district my whole life. Forest Lake High School offers students an enormous amount of opportunities to help them figure out their post-secondary plans. They do this by offering a very wide variety of classes for students, setting up college and career fairs, college and military visits, and other types of guidance. The teachers are super great and very willing to help. Forest Lake High School also has a large variety of clubs, sports, and other activities for students to get involved. They care about students mental health by allowing a 30-minute break in the middle of the day to allow students to meet with teachers for extra help, study time, meet with clubs, or simply relaxing if all caught up with school work. Forest Lake Senior High School is great!
I’m 15 years old and entering 10th grade at Forest Lake High School. My experience here has been unbelievable, I have tried new classes and been able to meet so many people. I have connected with teachers and formed so many relationships that I believe will guide me all the way to senior year. Forest lake has a big range of classes that can find anyone’s interest from pottery to Making floral arrangements. One of my favourite things to do is to dress up and go out and support our sports teams like football, volleyball and wrestling. I have been playing volleyball since first grade. I love everything about volleyball but I especially love the support that my school offers to help me improve my skills. As I get older I plan on becoming a teacher, I love kids and I want to be able to make an impact on others. Forest lake high school has helped me expand my interest and they offer so many classes that are useful for preparing for college. Forest lake Has so much to offer.
Having gone here for the past 3 years and living in Forest Lake my entire life, it's about average. We have good teachers, boring teachers, super chill teachers, etc. We also have an amazing janitorial staff that deals with all of our available extra-curricular groups. Our faculty does a very good job of trying to accommodate everyone with scheduling and school involvement. Our food is kinda meh, but they still feed over one thousand of us each day. We have a semi-large "druggy group" but it is fairly average for how much vaping is pushed at teens now. Our curriculum is well made and run, but I'd say over-all this school is a very average suburb public school.