Forest Grove High School is an above average, public school located in Forest Grove, OR. It has 1,908 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Forest Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B285 Students
- A-248 Students
- A-183 Students
- C+182 Students
- B-144 Students
- B133 Students
- A86 Students
- B+74 Students
- B63 Students
- A+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Forest Grove High School
- B-Newberg Senior High School
- Newberg School District, OR
- 248 reviews
- BLiberty High School
- Hillsboro School District, OR
- 222 reviews
- B+Aloha High School
- Beaverton School District, OR
- 380 reviews
- BGlencoe High School
- Hillsboro School District, OR
- 317 reviews
Forest Grove High School Reviews
Forest Grove High School isn't the epitome of the ideal American high school experience, but it has a great staff who really care about you if you take the time to get to know them. Ever sense my freshman year, I've gotten along well with my teachers. They've always pursued after me and pushed me to my limits academically. I skated by both socially and academically throughout all of my elementary and middle school years, but my studies and social life were challenged when I got to high school. However, the teachers I had acted as mentors and hands of guidance, and it's in part thanks to them that I was admitted to George Fox University. They encouraged me to find a school that fit in with my values, they wrote my letters of recommendation, and they have helped shape me into the person I am today, advocating for myself and taking initiative to get done what needs to be done for me to continue onto the next phase of my life.
Forest Grove high school has come a long way since my freshman year in 2016. Forest Grove is famous for a school walkout regarding the treatment of student minority's and how other students and staff members treat them. These brave students took a stance, including myself, to create a welcoming and safe environment for students to go school and have to focus on their education opposed to how they would be treated when they arrive at 8:15 am every morning. After this endeavor my school has taken certain measures in order to fix the schools issues regarding students and staff. They have done so by collecting student feedback through surveys and applying them to each and every school year, also asking speakers to come during assembles. The growth of Forest Grove high school has benefited its name and the happiness of students. Every school isn't perfect, however, forest grove strives to become near perfection to help students succeed.
I would consider Forest Grove High School a great school because of its excellent school spirit and great teachers and staff. They are very helpful when preparing you for your future goals after high school. I did struggle a lot during the beginning of my high school years and they were extremely helpful in offering me the resources I needed in order to stay back on track. I would stay the school has one of the best school spirits and is great in getting everyone involved when it comes to school activities. But like most schools, one thing I would improve or change would be the food. I wouldn’t call it very healthy and I think it would be better if they invested a few their funds in improving the food since there has been a couple of complaints from the students about it.