Foothill High School is a top rated, public school located in Pleasanton, CA. It has 2,176 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Foothill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+421 Students
- A+381 Students
- A381 Students
- A363 Students
- A+307 Students
- A+290 Students
- A281 Students
- A-244 Students
- A-214 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 154 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
Schools like Foothill High School
- A+Amador Valley High School
- Pleasanton Unified School District, CA
- 470 reviews
- A+Las Lomas High School
- Acalanes Union High School District, CA
- 240 reviews
- A+Monte Vista High School
- San Ramon Valley Unified School District, CA
- 259 reviews
- A+Dublin High School
- Dublin Unified School District, CA
- 390 reviews
Foothill High School Reviews
Foothill has and overwhelming amount of exceptional teachers who value every students education. They are very understanding, easy to work with, knowledgeable, and approachable. That being said, there are a few that are sub par. I have had some teachers who lack the ability to communicate with their students about due dates, their overall learning, and how grades are given, but even the "bad" teachers are technically good. I have loved being a student at Foothill!
Foothill ultimately has provided me with plenty of resources to be able to succeed in my future college experiences and career. With teachers who are dedicated to helping their students and preparing them for the future, constantly doling out advice and good teaching consistently, Foothill High School is dedicated to the success of their student body. With clear, helpful resources being created and administrators constantly seeking more ways to improve our school and provide newer, innovative, and constructive resources to their students, Foothill will continue to grow and foster bright futures for their equally bright students.
When I moved to California I was overwhelmed by everything. Foothills education and teachers are amazing, but it would be nice for the future new students to be welcomed more. The children at Foothill don’t really include the new kids in their groups. I think in our district, Foothill is a really good school educational and the classes really prepare you for college and exams. Also, Foothill is a college prep school all the classes given are to prepare you fore college which is amazing, but causes a lot of stress for the students. Foothill should offer more stress relieving classes or activities. The cafeteria food could be healthier too.