Foley High School
- FOLEY, AL
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade C
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Foley High School is a public school located in FOLEY, AL. It has 1,534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Foley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B296 Students
- grade A246 Students
- grade A236 Students
- grade B200 Students
- grade A minus179 Students
- grade B minus152 Students
- grade B+91 Students
- grade B+83 Students
- grade B80 Students
- grade B minus80 Students
View Homes Near Foley High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responses
- Football games46%
- Basketball games11%
- Pep rallies9%
- School plays7%
- "See you at the pole" (Christian gathering)5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 35 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,303 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 45 responses
Schools like Foley High School
Foley High School Reviews
Rating 3.57 out of 5 299 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Foley High School has brought me an amazing AP education and allowed me to be involved in any hobbies I desire, such as band, tennis, National Honor Society, student government, and more. I have enjoyed my learning experience and extra curricular activities simultaneously at Foley, and I am thrilled by the many clubs and organizations our school offers for each and every student. Foley High School seeks to encourage and motivate students to become involved and active throughout the campus.
I really have enjoyed Foley High School. I started in the district new as a freshman. All of my teachers were really helpful and answered all of my many questions I had on understanding a subject. I also liked our Administration always looking out for us and everything in our best interest. My teachers don't know how much they have helped me learn and grow in every way possible. They helped me grow into a better learner, person, and leader. My teacher also stayed after school somedays to tutor in areas we needed help in, of the subject she taught. All of my teachers made sure that we had a well understanding of a lesson before we moved on. Some teachers let us work at our own pace somedays and that really helped me, and I'm sure it helped others as well because we all learn differently. I'm really glad I have gotten to be apart of Foley High School because without it I wouldn't of learned everything I know today.
Now as a senior and looking back I have really enjoyed my time at Foley High School. As a freshman I was terrified walking into a school with over 2,000 students, but as a few weeks went by it was honestly the best. Foley is such an inviting school and reaches out to every single person in every way possible. With all the clubs and organizations there could not possibly be one person left out. We have everything you need. Becoming more involved at school really helped me grow and learn more about myself. You did not only have teachers pushing you to be better, but also your peers. Just like every other school, Foley is not perfect. Yes there is bullying and fights but I can honestly say that the staff and student body work hard everyday to prevent that. Foley is home, and is such a great school. I would not want to be anything else but a Foley Lion.