Flushing High School is an above average, public school located in Flushing, MI. It has 1,338 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Flushing High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-407 Students
- C378 Students
- A373 Students
- B365 Students
- B+261 Students
- B256 Students
- A+256 Students
- B196 Students
- B177 Students
- B+162 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 135 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Flushing High School
- BOwosso High School
- Owosso Public Schools, MI
- 131 reviews
- B-Kearsley High School
- Kearsley Community School District, MI
- 126 reviews
- BNew Lothrop High School
- New Lothrop Area Public Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
- B-Birch Run High School
- Birch Run Area Schools, MI
- 82 reviews
Flushing High School Reviews
Flushing High School was an outstanding school. They provided us students with so many opportunities for our future careers. They offered, as one example, students to go to another institution during the day called, Genesee Career Institute. This institution allowed students to start studying in areas that were specific to their future career goals. I, for instance, started in their Medical Career Foundations course my junior year of high school and continued through my senior year and received a Full Ride Scholarship from it! I thank God every day for giving me the chance to attend Flushing High School, for all the great opportunities and people I met as well. The faculty and staff at Flushing High School were so motivated to help their students odo well and succeed in life.
I attended Flushing Highschool for all for year. I’ve loved every second of it. The administration is amazing. The school was voted the number one safest school in 2018. They make sure every child is safe and anything that threatens our safety is taken care of. The clubs are evolved in every community thing. Many kids enjoy helping people in need. The school is working on building a new facility for the students. Flushing sports are like a family and knows that even if they don’t win, they have gained sisters and brothers through the sport. Flushing opens their doors to many new students and is an overall amazing school.
I love Flushing High School because of the environment and teachers. I have made a lot of really good relationships with my teachers and haven't had one that I really didn't like. We have SRT time which is really nice to sit and if you need help you can go to that teachers classroom and get the help you need. It is a good time when you are a student athlete or working late nights. The people at Flushing are generally nice people.The sports teams are very good and the coaches invest their time into you and your team. Especially Coach Andrews, the volleyball coach. I have never met a more willing and giving coach then her. This year our school started construction for our new bond, which is very cool to see, however, it has taken away parking for students and made things more difficult. It would be really nice to have better parking for students to use in the mean time. Overall, Flushing high School is a great school and has great staff that wants nothing but the best for you.