Flushing High School is an above average, public school located in Flushing, MI. It has 1,332 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Flushing High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-451 Students
- A423 Students
- C419 Students
- B412 Students
- B300 Students
- B+296 Students
- A+281 Students
- B224 Students
- B208 Students
- B-177 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 147 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Flushing High School
- B-Owosso High School
- Owosso Public Schools, MI
- 139 reviews
- B-Kearsley High School
- Kearsley Community School District, MI
- 134 reviews
- BNew Lothrop High School
- New Lothrop Area Public Schools, MI
- 62 reviews
- B-Birch Run High School
- Birch Run Area Schools, MI
- 84 reviews
Flushing High School Reviews
Flushing High School was an outstanding school. They provided us students with so many opportunities for our future careers. They offered, as one example, students to go to another institution during the day called, Genesee Career Institute. This institution allowed students to start studying in areas that were specific to their future career goals. I, for instance, started in their Medical Career Foundations course my junior year of high school and continued through my senior year and received a Full Ride Scholarship from it! I thank God every day for giving me the chance to attend Flushing High School, for all the great opportunities and people I met as well. The faculty and staff at Flushing High School were so motivated to help their students odo well and succeed in life.
At Flushing High School, you have multiple opportunities. Get to meet people from all over the world because Flushing accepts foreign exchange students. There are many sports, like soccer, football, lacrosse, tennis, skiing, and more. There are also many arts, like drama, instrumental performances, etc. Also, you may have the opportunity to go into a skills center to see career choices and take classes at GCI, like education, mechanics, nursing, and more, or you can see about doing Early College classes at the high school. What I have especially liked are the diversity, friendly people, many possibilities, and how much the school plays into the community of Flushing. Even though classes can be challenging, at the end it is definitely worth the struggle. Flushing is just an overall amazing place to be.
I love the High school here in Flushing, the population isn't too large and the environment is positive. So on that note happen in the system overall in my experience it's a great school with great administrators, even better teachers. If I had the choice to go to another school in the local area or Flushing, once again I would choose to have my four years of secondary education at Flushing. It's a school where you can feel the roars of excitement as the girls' basketball team wins the state championship or the amazing dedication and loyalty to music as students perform in the winter collage concert. The school has all different programs, clubs, organizations and if you can't find one for you, you are more than welcome to create one. The school strives for creativity and learning that if you have respect for others and most of all yourself you can make it a long way at Flushing High School.