Florida State University School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Tallahassee, FL. It has 1,740 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Florida State University School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A341 Students
- A+186 Students
- A-164 Students
- A151 Students
- C134 Students
- B+127 Students
- B80 Students
- B+76 Students
- B68 Students
- A+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.44 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.44 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Florida State University School Reviews
Great school! Always have had great teachers and a wonderful experience. Each teacher genuinely cares about the students, regardless of the class sizes. The vibe around campus is always uplifting and friendly. Although it is a big school, the administration, students, and staff do a good job of making you feel as if the school is smaller than it really is. Sporting events are always a blast. Going to a school where you can take pride in both your academics and athletics is always a plus. I previously attending a smaller school before transferring to FSU and it has made a world of difference in my life.
Great school! Florida State University is a beautiful campus with a blend of the new and the old. It offers a rich cultural environment with a diverse population of students. The academics are rigorous with a wide range of courses to fit every need. The communication on campus is student friendly and safety is top priority for campus security. Even with large class sizes, the professors are available to help students who need it. There is an abundance of different activities that students can get involved in throughout their college experience. Attending Florida State University is an amazing experience that is offering everything and more! Go Noles!
My experience at Florida State so far has been great! The campus is beautiful which makes walking to class worthwhile. The overall atmosphere is very relaxed and pretty welcoming. The professors lecture well and make class engaging. However, I do wish the student body was a little more diverse and I think some of the dorms could be renovated considering students pay a lot of money to live in them. I know I made the right choice in furthering my education and am excited to see where my degree takes me!