Florida State University School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Tallahassee, FL. It has 1,740 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Florida State University School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A384 Students
- A+210 Students
- A-192 Students
- A173 Students
- B157 Students
- C154 Students
- B93 Students
- B+89 Students
- A+76 Students
- B75 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses
Florida State University School Reviews
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Florida State! Between the professors and the advisors in each college, I feel prepared for my future, and equipped with all of the tools I need to succeed. Throughout the years, I have felt that FSU has only pushed for me to strive for academic success and success in extracurricular actives - like clubs, jobs, or internships. There has always been someone to help and match you with resources. Our student life and culture is not only fun, but encouraging. I have always felt safe - and our facilities are always in mind in terms of renovation in order to give students a positive experience. I genuinely believe there is a place for everyone at Florida State - as there is something for everybody!
FSU has a great community, especially the student-teacher relationships, which help in career and degree planning. There are numerous clubs and organizations to meet any preferences and interests with the option to create you're own!
Great school! Always have had great teachers and a wonderful experience. Each teacher genuinely cares about the students, regardless of the class sizes. The vibe around campus is always uplifting and friendly. Although it is a big school, the administration, students, and staff do a good job of making you feel as if the school is smaller than it really is. Sporting events are always a blast. Going to a school where you can take pride in both your academics and athletics is always a plus. I previously attending a smaller school before transferring to FSU and it has made a world of difference in my life.