Floresville High School is a public school located in Floresville, TX. It has 1,229 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Floresville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+122 Students
- B112 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+94 Students
- B-73 Students
- A-70 Students
- B64 Students
- B62 Students
- A56 Students
- B+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Floresville High School
- B+Stockdale High School
- Stockdale Independent School District, TX
- 15 reviews
- B-East Central High School
- East Central Independent School District, TX
- 346 reviews
- BLa Vernia High School
- La Vernia Independent School District, TX
- 227 reviews
- B+Poth High School
- Poth Independent School District, TX
- 73 reviews
Floresville High School Reviews
I loved my time at FHS! While there, I was in the Mighty Tiger Band, and I played the alto saxophone. I marched four different shows with them, and made lasting friendships. I was also a part of the Broadcast Journalism program for three years. In it, I learned how to produce, record, and edit a weekly newscast for the school; how to create music videos; how to create short movies with a team; and how to create promotional videos for our program. FHS had other great programs, such as welding, aerospace engineering, autotech, nursing, culinary, and dual-credit and AP programs.
I found the educators at Floresville High School to be enthusiastic about education and transforming students into better citizens. However, Floresville High School was not a safe environment and has experienced many safety threats. Overall, Floresville is a passionate but underfunded district that cares about its students.
Floresville High School gave me an overall good experience. It is filled with good teachers and is normally a positive environment. However a few things I would change would be to loosen the rules. For example, I feel that if boys want to have facial hair that they should be allowed to and that students should be able to leave for lunch considering that it's a small town and all of the restaurants take less than five minutes to get to. I would also change the amount of gates because it makes me think more of a prison than a school.