Florence Township Memorial High School is an above average, public school located in Florence, NJ. It has 415 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Florence Township Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A54 Students
- B39 Students
- A-37 Students
- C+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- B30 Students
- B28 Students
- A25 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-21 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Florence Township Memorial High School
- B+Cherry Hill High School West
- Cherry Hill School District, NJ
- 205 reviews
- BBordentown Regional High School
- Bordentown Regional School District, NJ
- 130 reviews
- B+Palmyra High School
- Palmyra Public School District, NJ
- 36 reviews
- B+Burlington Township High School
- Burlington Township Board of Education, NJ
- 391 reviews
Florence Township Memorial High School Reviews
Overall my experience at Florence Township Memorial High School was pretty good. I was able to learn a lot and I feel fairly confident about college. I like the smaller class sizes at my school because I get to connect to other students and to the teachers on a more personal basis. I would fix our resources, however. I feel as if we have some outdated books and curriculum so we don't learn as fast or as well as some schools may. And I would like to see the counselors help to push kids in a direction other than our local community college as some of us don't plan on attending one.
Overall, I liked going to school here! There aren't many activities and clubs which is unfortunate,but sports are really big here and I was able to find something that interested me every season. I would say the teachers are great and not too strict overall, but the school isn't the best to prepare you for college. (I wouldn't put all of the blame on the school for this one, as it is public and the curriculum is mostly at fault.) I personally have had a great time in high school but of course others would not think the same.
Every teacher at my school is really friendly, helpful, and compassionate to others. They always do their best to help a student in need. They are really understanding. Also, the environment of my school is really good. It is always clean.